JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Easy question today for my AR armorers:

Are the teardrop and small round (current) forward assist buttons interchangeable, i.e., will both work in the same upper?

Many thanks in advance.

There's always that 1% though.

:D
100% for me in 35+ years

As they say...if it doesn't want to chamber, forcing it will cause more problems.

If it won't close using the original forward assist, don't force it with the add-on version.

There is a quick mod that can be done to the carrier, so you'll never need to use the forward assist when chamber checking.

100% for me in 35+ years

As they say...if it doesn't want to chamber, forcing it will cause more problems.

If it won't close using the original forward assist, don't force it with the add-on version.

There is a quick mod that can be done to the carrier, so you'll never need to use the forward assist when chamber checking.
I've never used it in practice or otherwise. If it doesn't chamber it ends up on the ground via CH.

Both are 99% useless...
There's always that 1% though.

:D

20230905_212147.jpg

The only thing I ever found them useful for is tearing up the side of the knuckle of your index finger after you've had to go all pokey/slashy 'cuz you're out of ammo and things got "bad breath" close.

ETA: That was the original "tear drop" forward assist. I suppose the newer round design might be less abrasive.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR