JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm a new poster, but have been a lurker for sometime now. I'm thinking of shortening the barrel on my Winchester Classic SS 375 H&H. It's 24 inches now and rides quite high when I have it on my shoulder. It's been my gun for elk and big bear and I do enjoy the caliber. Cutting the barrel down will shave a bit of weight and also make it handier in timber. I was thinking of 18.5" with a good recrown. I would value opinions on length as well as a good smith to take it to. I live in Vancouver, WA but would drive to a gunsmith if they're good. I would like a very professional job and am willing to pay of course.

Thanks in advance,

Trailboss

May be a ways to go, but Todd Koonce in Salem could do it with no problems. First time I was there, a local SWAT team were there, dropping off some of their weapons for custom work.

He's done great work on my humble stuff, including a crown job and barrel replacement.

Koonce Custom Gunworks LLC

He's a one-man show and afternoon is the best time to call him.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top