JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The family and I are going to come down to OREGUN the last week of June so the FSIL & daughter can get their sand fix. They both have ATV's (fast SOB's) and enjoy it there so we is a goin fer a week....
We are looking at renting a 40' toy hauler ($$$$$), Cabins, Motel (kitchenettes) or a house.. Anyone know of places down there with good reviews or places that we just need to run as fast as we can from? :eek:
Places to go and shred paper with loud fire breathing things?
People who would like to get together for a BS session & libations (beers optional)?
I am going to ask around in my circle of fishing finatics for any fishing adventures worth pursuing so I'll not be lounging in the sun to often and getting clam baked.....

As always ladies and gents, appreciations abound in advance.;)

Last Edited:
A member here (something Angler?) sometimes advertises his cabin for trade...pretty sure it's in that area.
Might want to check under the classifieds.
I'll look too...

Ok, his handle is Angler. Sounds like you might have things in common ;)
His ad is on the first page of the non-firearms classifieds.
He's in North Bend...essentially Coos Bay Area.
Hope it helps.

Winchester is a good place to ride!

neptunes is a good burger joint there in winchester...or, atleast it USED to be. havent been down there in 10 years or so.

i used to go to dune fest every year there. florence is my new gig.

Lots of dunes on the North side of Coos Bay. The bay, not the town.

ATVing & Motorsports - Oregon's Adventure Coast

Oregon Dunes National Recreation Area

The Oregon Dunes National Recreation Area is the largest expanse of coastal sand dunes in North America and it is like no place on earth. The majestic dunes are one of our favorite attractions on the Southern Oregon Coast because they give…
Great campgrounds and good fishing from the beach too. If you like big surf perch and the occasional striper that is.
Or you could go fish the jetty for rockfish and the occasional Ling Cod.

Jim, Winchester bay has a 100s of RV sites, from parking on pavement with no hook-ups to the full meal deal with grass and fire pits. There are shoulders that OHVs are allowed to drive on to get the dunes. You also have Dune access points from just South of Florence including Honeyman State Park where there is also direct access from camp site to the dunes ,and Siltcoose river area. We don't do dunes but we've explored a whole lot down there for years. IF you end up in Winchester Bay, and like oysters straight from their beds at the mouth of The Umpqua River you MUST stop by Oregon Aquaculture and get some "Freshies!

Sending PM @Caveman Jim

Thanks much Mike, WE LOVE OYSTERS!!!!! :s0023::s0023::s0023:
My FSIL has been going to the dunes down there at Winchester Bay for many years. He has suggested the Discovery Point Resort & RV park so we will check it out. ;)
My concern is going to be the need for shade, I do not do well in the sun. I do plan to bring my sun protective clothing, hat and gloves but need to be in shade most of the day....

Long story short, I've never ridden at Winchester, but had many memorable times a few miles south at Spinreel Campground. Spinreel is on the northern end of a section of dunes that goes all of the way down to the bay, to a place we called "Boxcar" because of the tracks and an occasional box car sitting there. North to south it's about 14 miles. When you ride a dirt bike and want to stretch it's legs, that's a great place to go.
I haven't been there for 6-7 years, but we sure spent a lot of time there in the past.

Love the Oregon Dunes.

Thanks much Mike, WE LOVE OYSTERS!!!!! :s0023::s0023::s0023:
My FSIL has been going to the dunes down there at Winchester Bay for many years. He has suggested the Discovery Point Resort & RV park so we will check it out. ;)
My concern is going to be the need for shade, I do not do well in the sun. I do plan to bring my sun protective clothing, hat and gloves but need to be in shade most of the day....

It's JUNE, probably be cloudy and raining the whole time? :D I'd worry more about incessant wind! Hopefully that Discovery Point Resort will have shade and shelter from the wind for you.

Well with much deliberation we have decided to rent a house in Winchester Bay that has a garage downstairs that I can back in the flatbed trailer with the quads on it, disconnect, close the door and then relax. It also has a small yard where the dogs can go out and do their business (with us following to pick it up), now that is what I'm talkin about!!! The way we will work it out is that I will get up early with the kids, go drop them off get the bikes off, let them ride for a while and then before they are ready to leave they'll call me and I'll come pick them up. I do think this is the best of both worlds because it's only two minutes from the dunes.
Thanks for your help buddy, I sure do appreciate it.

Time is getting shorter for family vacation time at the Dunes... I'm gonna be so worn out having spent 8 days of fishing (er, strike that. CATCHING) in Alaska. I get back Saturday the 24th & will leave on Sunday the 25th to head south.... Good Lawdy what limits a man will go through for his family...:p:p:p:p

Time is getting shorter for family vacation time at the Dunes... I'm gonna be so worn out having spent 8 days of fishing (er, strike that. CATCHING) in Alaska. I get back Saturday the 24th & will leave on Sunday the 25th to head south.... Good Lawdy what limits a man will go through for his family...:p:p:p:p

Oh, you pooor baby! :D Be sure to get some oysters while you're there. If you've got a fire going, cooking them on the grate above it is incredible. I got so I remove the top. Sometimes they don't open a lot and it's a pain dealing with them when their hot.

Livin' the life man! :s0152: :s0155:

We used to plop em on the old Weber, drink mass quantities of beer & be up all night....
:p:p:p
A favorite pastime that coincidentally, I discovered camping in the Coos Bay area.
Imagine that!
A bottle of Frank's hot sauce, half a bushel of oysters and some brews, and you're set for the weekend!

ETA: Oh, and bring a welding glove. :D

It's been a few years but I was fishing with my brother inlaw off the coast we had to go into port south of Winchester bay because of storm but the camp ground we saw driving around looking for a friend had trees all around so the shade thing depends in what campground your at

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top