JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
No quail like normal 40-150.
Only 1 owl this year.
But we do have crickets for the first time in 12 years.
And the pigmy rabbits are now living on my property.
Plus the Goddang Coyotes are coming out in the daytime now.

Nature ebbs and flows....and has her own schedule.
That said...human interaction / interference will affect things.

We have a better crop of apples this year than last year...
So...lots of deer in our yard...well more like the same deer fairly often.
3 bucks...One big guy...one not as big a guy..one young spike...As well as a momma and her two young ones.
They are fun to watch.

Lots of rabbits this year....much to our cats delight.

Ravens...we have a regular unkindness of 'em...fun to watch also..and listen too...Lots of different vocalizations.

Heard and seen more coyotes this year...unlike many...I like 'em.

It was a mild winter here , which makes for a better chance of survival for many critters.
And while not "at the house or yard"...I am looking forward grouse season this year...should see lots of 'em.
Andy

Oh yeah....forgot to say in my first post.....

We also have owls of various sorts hereabouts.
One morning the neighbor's rooster was doin' his thing...
Crowing and announcing to all the world whatever it was he was going on about....

When Friend Owl said to his wife...."Hold my coffee and watch this..."
"Whooo.....Whoo...Who"....Boomed Friend Owl....and suddenly everything else in my neck of the woods...went silent...:D
Andy

Oh yeah....forgot to say in my first post.....

We also have owls of various sorts hereabouts.
One morning the neighbor's rooster was doin' his thing...
Crowing and announcing to all the world whatever it was he was going on about....

When Friend Owl said to his wife...."Hold my coffee and watch this..."
"Whooo.....Whoo...Who"....Boomed Friend Owl....and suddenly everything else in my neck of the woods...went silent...:D
Andy
Those things are fun to watch at night when we get a glimpse of them. Long road from the gates to my house. In winter still dark when I get home. Now and then I will spot one in my headlights in the road. Probably enjoying some meal. When they do that swivel their head around thing you can see what it is when lights hit those eyes. Now and then when its a clear night we get a quick look at one out hunting. Amazing critters.

Those things are fun to watch at night when we get a glimpse of them. Long road from the gates to my house. In winter still dark when I get home. Now and then I will spot one in my headlights in the road. Probably enjoying some meal. When they do that swivel their head around thing you can see what it is when lights hit those eyes. Now and then when its a clear night we get a quick look at one out hunting. Amazing critters.
They are fun indeed to watch.
We have Barn Owls....Western Screech Owls...Great Grey Owls...Great Horned Owls...and Barred Owls..around where I live and hunt.
I have had 'em swoop down in front of my truck while on my way to school....
Next to Ravens...Owls are my favorites.
Andy

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews