Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Why WA legislators voted against the silencer use bill.

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Ranb, Feb 13, 2011.

1. Ranb

Ranb Belfair, WA Active Member

I wrote to the four Representatives that voted against House bill 1016. So far I only got a reply from Representative Hunter.

His reply;

Does his reply make any sense at all to anyone here? It didn't to me. I wrote back trying to explain why his reply did not make sense.

Ranb

2. Redcap

Redcap Lewis County, WA Well-Known Member

That doesn't make a bit of sense.

3. Ranb

I got another reply;
    A fence sitter who sides with tyranny. :(

Ranb

4. rob240p

rob240p Vancouver Member

None whatsoever. I was very disappointed to see how little effort he seemed to put into his response.

5. Ranb

Probably as much effort he put into his decision to vote yes or no. It appears that this is an example of prejudice in action.

Ranb

6. Swedish K

Swedish K SW Washington Moderator Staff Member

maybe he is of the opinion that if someone someday gets popped for use of a stolen one he can get some backing from the anti gun crowd for his "mind" that doesn't seem to care one way or another.

7. shooter

shooter Ridgefield Member

He might have voted for it if it was close enough that his vote would have mattered?
    This isn't a sporting event where it's fun to cheer for the underdog... Get educated and take a stance!

8. iusmc2002

iusmc2002 Colville, WA Active Member

He's a politician, what do you expect. Seriously? Whats that saying; if you can't dazzle them with brillance, baffle them with bullhockey. His reply fits that extremely well. Vague and non-commital as only a poli can do

9. Redcap

Redcap Lewis County, WA Well-Known Member

Politicians are among the same order of bottom-feeding scum as lawyers and tweakers.

10. wired

wired Yakima Well-Known Member

If his constituents don't like his vote they will remove him from office. My guess is they won't care.

11. Trlsmn

Trlsmn In Utero (Portland) Well-Known Member

Translation. " I'm behind you 100%, until I have to be, you know, behind you"

12. CavVet

CavVet Seattle Member

I will make sure to stop by and tell him to go bubblegum himself on my next Oly trip.

13. Ranb

Not enough people care about silencers in WA to affect the position of anyone in Olympia. I think it is just lip service for most of the politicians. Most gun owners do not care about silencers, so the no votes will not make their legislator look anti-gun in their eyes.

Ranb

14. dr drae

dr drae Seattle Member

Interesting thread. Thank you for your efforts Ranb on this, I considered this very thing, asking the 4 'nays' why they voted so. I decided not to b/c I've just become so accustomed to zero responses from my or any representatives. Mini props to him for responding, but you're right, his reply doesn't make much sense. I guess I can KIND of see where he was going, increased volume does create potential for increased theft, there are more in the community. But, those who take the time effort to obtain these items are probably the same ones who won't be leaving them under their front seat for some smash and grab tweaker to steal. He's also making some weird assumption that by having one a criminal will do something he might not otherwise do? I guess he doesn't understand they have proprietary threading systems and such, so if it was stolen in/of itself it's rather useless unless the criminal has the right pistol, in the right caliber, with a threaded barrel... you can see where I'm going b/c you pointed out right away, his "logic" makes no sense...

Spot on, he obviously hasn't thought this through...

15. Ranb

Representative Springer wrote back. He said there was a problem with the voting system. He claimed to have voted yes; I believe him as he is one of the bill 1016 sponsors. :) I should have checked the list of sponsors closer before I sent my e-mail.

Ranb

16. MrB+

MrB+ Portland area Member

Yikes, that's even scarier. Hope they're looking into that, cause, like, what if the vote had actually, you know, mattered?

MrB+
    --
    Working my way up to A--

17. Ranb

I do not know how the voting system works in Olympia, but maybe he pressed the no button instead of the yes button?

Ranb

18. matt_w

matt_w Hillsboro, OR Active Member

How exactly would using a suppressor make a crime "worse"? I've never understood that logic.

19. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

I know you are doing everything you can Rand,but this may be something the lawmakers don't have a clue about.
    They may think Tommy Tweeker can steal your 9mm silencer and use it on their 45 or whatever.

20. pogi

pogi Gresham, OR Active Member

Too bad they aren't as concerned about your identity ending up in the wrong hands or maybe a WA driver's license getting in the hands of an illegal who votes.