JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not at all. I was speaking of the four Representatives that voted against the silencer use bill. This bill got 88 votes and passed by a wide margin. We are still waiting for it to get out of the Rules committee and get a vote on the Senate floor.

Ranb

I wrote an e-mail to Senator Swecker and Representitives DeBolt and Alexander today asking for their support of this issue. I also personalized it a little as my son actually paged for Sen Swecker. I will let you know their responce.

I dunno, I read Rep. Hunter's response as merely ambivalence rather than fence sitting or taking a side. It appears to me as if this legislation isn't really on his radar. Which makes a little sense. Every legislator has an agenda that they are working on. Items that define their political existence or are important to their constituents. I looks to me like this isn't one of those deals for Rep. Hunter. OK, the vote wasn't close, he didn't need to devote time to it, so he didn't. He chose to consider other items on his agenda. If he is your rep, and this is important to you, take his ambivalence on this issue into account when you cast your vote next time. Kudos to Rep Ross for taking the time to communicate. At least you know that he reads correspondence from his consitutents, that should be considered at election time as well.

I called my very very very liberal Democrat Senator this morning and told her Aide that our Officers need this to pass to limit noise exposure and how hard it is to obtain a suppressor.

"It passed the House 88-0, it should have no problem, we will read it over."

I guess even if it passes, will Chris sign it? :huh:

I believe Hunter's response can be translated from politic-speek, thusly:

You're an activist, that makes you dangerous to me if you decide to work against my re-election, so here's a bone, let's kiss and make up

Anyone who is aggressively politically active could work against him next time, this issue aside. That scares career politicians

I'm suspicious of why Dunshee and so many of his ilk voted for it... what kind of Poison Pill could they have slipped in, or what are they gonna have their Senate pals do?

It's good that we won, but something is starting to reek of pickled herring... this was almost too easy.

The bills were not changed and they are not attached to anything else right now. Very few people care about silencers (including gun control freaks) and we were able to show that they are hardly ever used in any violent crime. This probably leads anti-gun Representatives to believe that a vote for this obscure pro-gun bill that hardly anyone cares about is a safe bet that will not make them look bad to the anti-gun people that elected them.

When (or if) this bill passes, it will not be big news anywhere and it will only affect those of us who own silencers. I for one do not currently plan on crowing about it much except on gun forums. It has not been easy for me. Three other bills (including a police only bill) died in committee the last several years. Some people have been putting in lots of work getting it this far. We are lucky it is not a high profile matter like "assault weapons".

Ranb

Not at all. I was speaking of the four Representatives that voted against the silencer use bill. This bill got 89 votes and passed by a wide margin. We are still waiting for it to get out of the Rules committee and get a vote on the Senate floor.

Ranb
Fixed. :s0155:

Voting "no" when the bill was going to pass the house was likely viewed as the 'safe' move -- bill passed anyway, to supportive voters can be told that (and were), plus nonsupportive voters can be told "I never supported that bill".

Heard back from a WA Senator (D) who's outside my district, but an old friend...

Aaron-
Good to hear from you! I hope all is well in your world!

Thanks for taking the time to share your support for SB 5112. I had an opportunity to read this bill, and it makes sense to me. I also note that the law enforcement community testified in support of the bill. I intend to give the bill my support when it reaches the Senate floor.

Please thank your pop for his years of service to our community! And please keep in touch.

Best,
Derek Kilmer

I intend to give the bill my support when it reaches the Senate floor.

Dr drae, I heard these kinds of words from everyone who answered my e-mails except Kline, Roach and Hargrove (House). They are bold words until you realize that they are speaking of a bill they have no reason to believe will reach the Senate floor. Please write back and ask them if they will push the Rules committee for a hearing. You will most likely hear nothing or a change of tune. If he will ask a the Rules committee to pull the bill, then that is great; much better than merely saying they will bide their time until it reaches the Senate floor.

Ranb

Dr drae, I heard these kinds of words from everyone who answered my e-mails except Kline, Roach and Hargrove (House). They are bold words until you realize that they are speaking of a bill they have no reason to believe will reach the Senate floor. Please write back and ask them if they will push the Rules committee for a hearing. You will most likely hear nothing or a change of tune. If he will ask a the Rules committee to pull the bill, then that is great; much better than merely saying they will bide their time until it reaches the Senate floor.

Ranb

Are you saying that despite the run through the house this might be a dead bill?

Yes it could be. If the Rules committee does not allow it a third reading (vote on the Senate floor) then of course it is dead.

I am hearing on another thread that it will be pulled from the calendar and sent for a vote on the Senate floor. There is some hope for another week until the 7th of March.

Ranb

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top