JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The more sincere a cop is about his job, the more frustrated he's going to be that his time is occupied by the same boobs who comprise the smaller percentage of the population.

Then again, who's supposed to be the better person?
I don't buy that one bit. Sorry. Anyone can be sincere and frustrated, but that doesn't make them a good cop. I've never seen sincerity on any job description. Their job is all about dealing with the dregs of society and their wake. If you don't want to be frustrated, you better find a town like Kennesaw, GA where the crime rate is likely the lowest in the nation, and then I don't want to hear any whining that you're bored.

Sorry = Zig Zag - The Police are NOT SERVANTS - and the article was a joke written a long time ago - that the police who read it totally understand it. And the reason they understand it - is because they dealt with those things mentioned- I myself have dealt with people who stopped to ask me for directions when I was making a felony car stop on a stolen vehicle. I am sure you are quite the citizen - perhaps a little too perfect... "I don't hate cops in generals"" - kinda says you really do hate cops -- too bad !

Sorry = Zig Zag - The Police are NOT SERVANTS...

And that says it all. The police are public servants. If you don't believe that then I hope you have quit the job by now. If you're not in it to serve the public then what are you in it for? There aren't many other good answers.

And BTW, did you happen to post a sign during that stolen car stop saying, "Don't bother me. I'm busy with something important right now."? Or do you think that asking a cop directions should be a felony?

Yeah, I hate cops with bad attitudes. They make it hard on everyone, good cops included. My dad was a chief and he taught me better.

And that says it all. The police are public servants. If you don't believe that then I hope you have quit the job by now. If you're not in it to serve the public then what are you in it for? There aren't many other good answers.

And BTW, did you happen to post a sign during that stolen car stop saying, "Don't bother me. I'm busy with something important right now."? Or do you think that asking a cop directions should be a felony?

Gee ZZ - I am standing by my car - with the door open and I have my duty weapon in my hand pointed at a car - ordering the people out with their hands behind their head -walking backwards towards me - hmm - the average smart person would know - maybe this isn't a good time to stop and ask directions to the motel !!

Again Zig we are not SERVANTS -we are public employees working in Law Enforcement.. And Nice guy no I do not hate citizens- the article was for something to laugh at. obviously you guys don't have much of a sense of humor- lighten up !

Python,

Let me explain a bit. No, I don't hate cops. My family has been in the business for generations. I remember how my dad thought about the job. It's way different than some cops today. Your article hit a nerve with me. The attitude exhibited in it is not at all what I was taught the attitude should be. Yes, there are dumb people on both sides of the thin blue line. Asking a cop for directions when he has bad guys at gunpoint is probably in that class of actions I'd call moronic. But it comes with the territory and railing against it doesn't do anybody any good. People that dumb will never get your point.

There is no bigger hero than a good cop. There is no bigger jerk than a bad cop.

And Nice guy no I do not hate citizens- the article was for something to laugh at. obviously you guys don't have much of a sense of humor- lighten up !

Like I said earlier...

A civilian generalizing about police is a cop hating anarchist, but a cop generalizing about civilians is enlightening entertainment.

A civilian wishing that a cop would be shot through the head by a sniper is outrageous, dangerous, and probably illegal. A police officer writing about wishing a civilian was shot through the head by a sniper is a whimsical musing.

Hypocrisy, aint it grand.

Sorry = Zig Zag - The Police are NOT SERVANTS - and the article was a joke written a long time ago - that the police who read it totally understand it. And the reason they understand it - is because they dealt with those things mentioned- I myself have dealt with people who stopped to ask me for directions when I was making a felony car stop on a stolen vehicle. I am sure you are quite the citizen - perhaps a little too perfect... "I don't hate cops in generals"" - kinda says you really do hate cops -- too bad !

I remember when cop cars had this slogan on them:

To Protect and Serve

I guess we have a Brave New World now..

Having a few LEO officers and Deputies in the family I can see both sides clear enough! I have found that city cops are generally bubblegums and county deputies are much friendlier! That being said, I place a lot of blame on the departments in deciding who is allowed the honor and privilege of wearing that badge! This goes pretty deep though, We as a society are a lot more unfriendly and that shows in our encounters with cops. The cops natural response is going to be hostile. It is a viscous cycle of miss trust and disrespect! And lets not forget, You can be a doctor and be an bubblegum, you can be a priest and be an bubblegum, The job you are payed to preform doesn't change weather you are an bubblegum or not! I see many cops who have no "people skills" I also see many, many cops who treat every citizen as a criminal and there communication with them is hostile and threatening, not to mention the Tactical gear they all wear! In short we have allowed "them" to become the evil we fear! It is we that have empowered them, but is is we who have made them evil by OUR actions!

When you are in the service of the people you NEED to have the skills to communicate calmly and with respect to YOUR public. You need to understand that you SERVE the people and that the PEOPLE owe you nothing in return. You are to use reasonable judgment in UPHOLDING the law, not ENFORCING the law, and you are not empowered to police for profit in any way, shape, or form!

It all comes down to the regular and on going training of these public servants in how to deal with the public in a polite, courteous, and professional manor! If you are a bubblegum, and you behave as such while serving in that capacity, you should be removed from said service until your behavior can be changed or you are forced to find other means of employment! We as a public need to take these departments to task and demand modification of behavior, modification of practices, and demand the BOSS in charge is also held accountable for the behavior of his or her officers/deputies! We also need to take the mayor of city or Governor of state to task when we have issues to redress in how WE are policed!

I remember when cop cars had this slogan on them: "to protect and serve"

Seeing as they're "protecting" citizens from the predations of other citizens, I can see how they can become confused...
...after all, the good citizens don't all wear white hats and the bad citizens aren't wearing black masks.

Besides, that motto, while catchy, isn't too specific about exactly who's being protected and who's being served.
Maybe, "to keep you guys from killing each other and make it home alive" would be more accurate?

I remember when cop cars had this slogan on them:

That is and always has been just PR. Their function is, quite simply, THE ENFORCEMENT OF THE LAW, regardless of how good or bad, fair or unfair, or constitutional OR UNCONSTITUTIONAL certain laws may be, they will enforce them; particularly the laws prohibiting certain consensual activity, you know the ones... the ones that fuel the whole damn LE/Corrections/Judicial INDUSTRY (for profit).

The cars may say "To protect and serve", and many good (individual) cops, while seemingly oblivious to the bigger picture, actually feel this way. But in the larger scheme of things, it is only those who profiteer off the flawed and broken system, that the LE community (in general) serve.

Here in Medford, the new Police station is well over a million dollars over budget and behind schedule (although construction "milking" seems to be the norm here).

And for what purpose is this money spent? To house so called "criminals", the majority of whom are merely idiots whose only (supposed) serious crime is making the consensual choice to fry their brains with the poison of their choice, just like any drunk with booze, or emphysema patient with cigarettes, or any high strung wreck with caffeine.

Forget about the chicken shytte possession charges, and all the wasted money that comes along through the rest of the process of "administering" so called justice on these idiots. If they commit a crime that actually damages something or someone other than themselves, like murder, theft, rape, kidnapping, assault, gross negligence, and the like, then by all means charge the POS.

But lets stop using this BS drug war as an excuse to hook undersized fish in the hopes of it leading to a real big one. That isn't going to happen because the big fish are the ones wearing suits and giving the orders, making the laws, and probably paying off the school district suits to maintain the status quo by keeping their mouths shut and not fighting for more school funding.

Last I heard, the station was 1.6 million over budget (few months back), but possibly much much more. And in the meantime, my kids are in classrooms with 35 other students, and the teachers have no classroom assistants. And (with a little Led Zep plug -in) IT MAKES ME WONDER...with a level of actual physical violent crime and theft that is laughable (even PER CAPITA) compared to where I'm originally from, why are tax funds not focused on preventative measures like nurturing civilized, educated, responsible children to become responsible (and hopefully, possibly, gun owning adults), so that maybe, just maybe...in a couple generations, there might not be any need of such outrageous police and military budgets (for the profit of a few).

I would say the same of even any large city as well. In order to get my kids' class sizes down to about 15 students per class with a teacher's assistant I could gladly do without the so called "service" of a multi million dollar police station. I mean, why the hell else are any of us so damn passionate about the 2nd Amendment anyway?

What's the point if we need to rely so heavily on the government for whatever it is that LE/Corrections/ and Judicial do with the BILLIONS of wasted (drug war) tax dollars that SUPPOSEDLY benefit society... but which (I believe), IN THE BROADER SCHEME OF THINGS, has only lined the pockets of the profiteers of the same industry, with the side effect of dragging this nation down into the toilet anyway.

Isn't this the kind of government reliance that is so contrary to the very ideology of the (ironically) LE supporting conservatives?

Anyone?

I"m not, as someone called me, in another thread, while making a point of letting me know that i would be ignored by him, "another cop hating..." whatever...
I never said that I HATED anyone. There is no need for it. We throw the word around without realizing just how powerful it is. I don't hate cops (in general). But one thing I always do is observe, analyze, and above all else, in the broader, more long term scheme of things...QUESTION the causes and effects of policy and the way it is carried out, and also, the direct or indirect repercussions that it has all had on the grander scale.

I didn't read any of this because 90% is from 4 years ago.

There are good guys and crap guys at every job, the crap ones just give everyone a bad image and no carrier is exempt from that.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top