Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Why the cops hate you !

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by python287, Mar 30, 2011.

1. python287

python287 Neskowin,OR Active Member

2. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg WA Well-Known Member

Thanks for the laughs

3. PaulZ

PaulZ Oregon City Active Member

Are you sure this is tongue in cheek? Sounds dead on to me

41Slinger and Ura-Ki like this.
  4. python287

python287 Neskowin,OR Active Member

Probably a little of both !

5. CarlMc

CarlMc Safely north of Seattle Active Member

There's always some truth in the very best jokes.
    That said, if someone doesn't like their job, they can quit. Nothing's stopping cops from doing the same.
    I'm constantly telling my kids when they while about their teachers, umpires, etc., that regardless of what anyone else in the world does to them, they still have to be better than that. And if you intend to put yourself out as someone who's better than I am, you _really_ do need to be better than I am. If you're not better than I am, yet think you are, your insecurities are clearly showing.
    But there's something seriously wrong with the mentality of some LEO's who are perfectly comfortable with "Do as I say, not as I do," and that really ticks me off.

Hybrid Slave and Ura-Ki like this.
  6. MarkAd

MarkAd Port Orchard Well-Known Member

Complete collection of BS. What yuppie even owns a tape deck now?

7. slingshot1943

slingshot1943 salem or Well-Known Member

If we are a cleaner type forum why are links with foul language OK?

8. Blitzkrieg

Wow. I am a devout Christian but this is a little over the top. Lighten up

9. JumpWing

JumpWing NK WA Member

That's about 1% satire and 99% truth. I'm not a cop but I've seen some stupid STUPID people over the years and I have sympathy for the cops who have to deal with them.

Concerning the language in the article: It doesn't bother me BUT on a "family-friendly" site like this a simple caution for strong language is a perfectly reasonable courtesy.

10. Kimber Custom

Kimber Custom Vancouver, WA Bronze Vendor Bronze Vendor

Revolver, Tape Deck, Pay Phone; clearly this has been around for a while. I got about half way through before I determined it was a waste of time .02

11. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

What you talking about Willis. My 98 Dakota has a Cassette Deck. My Stereo systems in the living room and office both have cassette and Reel to Reel Decks as well as Turntables and CDP's

I know guys who buy thousand dollar Reel to Reel decks Go on eBay.com and see what prerecorded Reel to Reel tapes sell for. And yes its Yuppies if you want to use that term that is buying them.

You might be very surprized how many people are as into Vintage Stereo as some of the guys around here are into Firearms.

After you can currently find almost 5000 titles on LP's for sale Go to soundstagedirect.com and welcome to the future.

12. CavVet

CavVet Seattle Member

My 02 Jeep has factory CD/Cassette.

13. Ben Beckerich

Ben Beckerich NW Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

dealing with "stupid people" should have absolutely no effect on a cop's personality and attitude toward the citizens that write their paycheck. the people they are paid for the sole purpose of protecting and serving. as somebody said- it's a job, and if they don't like it, they should get a different job. i'm so damn tired of hearing this whiny BS bit about how terrible it is to be a cop, and especially that that's some kind of excuse for bubblegumty attitudes toward non-cops- as though they didn't aspire and fight for the position to begin with- as though there's anything else they'd ever want to do.

if i was a cop, i'd be so thankful to have a regular paycheck, <50 hour work week, paid sick time, paid vacation, automatic vacation for over-time and double over-time pay for working through the additional vacation time, freedom of the road, a statistically very safe job, and the honor and respect that comes with the job, that i'd smile and thank every damn citizen i came across for allowing me to serve them. and i'd put my hand on the bible and swear it.

the only disgust i'd have would be for the bubblegums i have to work with.

no sympathy, gentlemen.

Hybrid Slave likes this.
  14. Blitzkrieg

I put one in my Cobra sportscar dash to make it look more authentic and because I have a zillion cassettes. It also controls the 16 CDs in the trunk, which is what I usually listen to

15. MrNiceGuy

MrNiceGuy between springfield and shelbyville Well-Known Member

Hmm. Reading this, all I could think of is:

ESL police officer's gun, badge stolen in Belleville car burglary

Gun stolen from police officer's car | WAVY.com

Harrisburg police officer's gun stolen | PennLive.com

Orlando Police Chief's Gun Stolen From Her SUV - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com

Rifle, shotgun stolen from Va. cop's car

Sources Say Stolen Police Weapon is Submachine Gun | KSTP TV - Minneapolis and St. Paul

Police Officer's Gun Stolen : powered by Fox 40 WDBD, Jackson, Miss.

Four teenagers charged in police gun theft | Turn to 10

Police: Machine Gun Stolen From Unmarked Patrol Car - Detroit Local News Story - WDIV Detroit

Gun stolen from Rhode Island state trooper's car | WPRI.com

> Archives > News > Guns, wallet stolen from Taos Police chief's unit

Local News | Theft of police chief's gun raises questions | Seattle Times Newspaper

"Machine gun" stolen from Oregon police - Oops! - TheFiringLine Forums

Post Now - Rifle, gear stolen from MoCo police car

Ten guns stolen from cops since 2002 - Tucson Citizen Morgue (1992-2009)

etc etc etc.

A civilian generalizing about police is a cop hating anarchist, but a cop generalizing about civilians is enlightening entertainment.

A civilian wishing that a cop would be shot through the head by a sniper is outrageous, dangerous, and probably illegal. A police officer writing about wishing a civilian was shot through the head by a sniper is a whimsical musing.

Hypocrisy, aint it grand.

Hybrid Slave likes this.
  16. MA Duce

MA Duce Central Oregon Well-Known Member

I still have the TEAC 1180DS reel to reel I bought at the Subic Bay PX in 1971. It still works and I have cases of tapes I made by swapping albums with buddies. I don't qualify as a yuppie though....waaaaaaaay too old.

kilimanjaro, oknow and 41Slinger like this.
  17. JumpWing

JumpWing NK WA Member

1. Not every citizen contributes to that paycheck.
    2. "Protect and Serve" is a catchy slogan, but it's not the mission of LE.
    3. The fact that my taxes go to the LE budget does not give me free license to be a moron, or to eat up emergency resources with self-absorbed drama.

The people who behave this way aren't just making the cop's job a hassle, they're also interfering with what WE pay them to do. It's like the teacher who can't spend time helping your kid because she has to deal with the two troublemakers in class who constantly demand attention. You pay your taxes for her salary and your kid (and the rest of the whole class) gets the leftovers of her resources.

The more sincere a cop is about his job, the more frustrated he's going to be that his time is occupied by the same boobs who comprise the smaller percentage of the population.

18. Ben Beckerich

Ben Beckerich NW Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

if that's all we were talking about, then sure- but a LOT of cops are dicks to EVERYONE, not just frequent fliers.

Hybrid Slave likes this.
  19. ZigZagZeke

ZigZagZeke Eugene Silver Supporter Silver Supporter 2015 Volunteer

Yes, it says it all, but I'm not laughing. Cops are not hired to be dignitaries. They're hired to be public servants. Any cop who has the attitude displayed in this article needs to quit or be fired. A married cop having a girlfriend is a demonstration of dishonesty. I'm supposed to believe this cowboy when he's on the witness stand testifying against a defendant? This "us versus them" mentality is one of the reasons we have people executed in Portland for failing to signal for a right turn. It's one of the reasons mentally ill street people are beaten to death. But don't get me wrong. My dad was a cop and my nephew is a cop, and so are several cousins. I don't hate cops in general, just the ones who give good cops a bad name.

Hybrid Slave and Ura-Ki like this.
  20. CarlMc

CarlMc Safely north of Seattle Active Member

Give that man a cookie. Better yet, give him the whole box!