JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There's always some truth in the very best jokes.
That said, if someone doesn't like their job, they can quit. Nothing's stopping cops from doing the same.
I'm constantly telling my kids when they while about their teachers, umpires, etc., that regardless of what anyone else in the world does to them, they still have to be better than that. And if you intend to put yourself out as someone who's better than I am, you _really_ do need to be better than I am. If you're not better than I am, yet think you are, your insecurities are clearly showing.
But there's something seriously wrong with the mentality of some LEO's who are perfectly comfortable with "Do as I say, not as I do," and that really ticks me off.

That's about 1% satire and 99% truth. I'm not a cop but I've seen some stupid STUPID people over the years and I have sympathy for the cops who have to deal with them.

Concerning the language in the article: It doesn't bother me BUT on a "family-friendly" site like this a simple caution for strong language is a perfectly reasonable courtesy.

What you talking about Willis. My 98 Dakota has a Cassette Deck. My Stereo systems in the living room and office both have cassette and Reel to Reel Decks as well as Turntables and CDP's

I know guys who buy thousand dollar Reel to Reel decks Go on eBay.com and see what prerecorded Reel to Reel tapes sell for. And yes its Yuppies if you want to use that term that is buying them.

You might be very surprized how many people are as into Vintage Stereo as some of the guys around here are into Firearms.

After you can currently find almost 5000 titles on LP's for sale Go to soundstagedirect.com and welcome to the future.

dealing with "stupid people" should have absolutely no effect on a cop's personality and attitude toward the citizens that write their paycheck. the people they are paid for the sole purpose of protecting and serving. as somebody said- it's a job, and if they don't like it, they should get a different job. i'm so damn tired of hearing this whiny BS bit about how terrible it is to be a cop, and especially that that's some kind of excuse for bubblegumty attitudes toward non-cops- as though they didn't aspire and fight for the position to begin with- as though there's anything else they'd ever want to do.

if i was a cop, i'd be so thankful to have a regular paycheck, <50 hour work week, paid sick time, paid vacation, automatic vacation for over-time and double over-time pay for working through the additional vacation time, freedom of the road, a statistically very safe job, and the honor and respect that comes with the job, that i'd smile and thank every damn citizen i came across for allowing me to serve them. and i'd put my hand on the bible and swear it.

the only disgust i'd have would be for the bubblegums i have to work with.

no sympathy, gentlemen.

Complete collection of BS. What yuppie even owns a tape deck now?

I put one in my Cobra sportscar dash to make it look more authentic and because I have a zillion cassettes. It also controls the 16 CDs in the trunk, which is what I usually listen to

These civilians can’t figure out that maybe they shouldn’t leave stuff lying around un-attended where anybody can
just pick it up and boogie. Maybe they should put the bubblegum in the trunk, where no one but Superman is gonna see it.
Maybe they should do that before they get to wherever they’re going just in case some riffraff is hanging around
watching them while the car is being secured.

Hmm. Reading this, all I could think of is:

ESL police officer's gun, badge stolen in Belleville car burglary

<broken link removed>

Harrisburg police officer's gun stolen | PennLive.com

<broken link removed>

Rifle, shotgun stolen from Va. cop's car

Sources Say Stolen Police Weapon is Submachine Gun | KSTP TV - Minneapolis and St. Paul

<broken link removed>

Four teenagers charged in police gun theft | Turn to 10

<broken link removed>

<broken link removed>

<broken link removed>

Local News | Theft of police chief's gun raises questions | Seattle Times Newspaper

"Machine gun" stolen from Oregon police - Oops! - TheFiringLine Forums

Post Now - Rifle, gear stolen from MoCo police car

Ten guns stolen from cops since 2002 - Tucson Citizen Morgue (1992-2009)

etc etc etc.

A civilian generalizing about police is a cop hating anarchist, but a cop generalizing about civilians is enlightening entertainment.

A civilian wishing that a cop would be shot through the head by a sniper is outrageous, dangerous, and probably illegal. A police officer writing about wishing a civilian was shot through the head by a sniper is a whimsical musing.

Hypocrisy, aint it grand.

I still have the TEAC 1180DS reel to reel I bought at the Subic Bay PX in 1971. It still works and I have cases of tapes I made by swapping albums with buddies. I don't qualify as a yuppie though....waaaaaaaay too old.

1. Not every citizen contributes to that paycheck.
2. "Protect and Serve" is a catchy slogan, but it's not the mission of LE.
3. The fact that my taxes go to the LE budget does not give me free license to be a moron, or to eat up emergency resources with self-absorbed drama.

The people who behave this way aren't just making the cop's job a hassle, they're also interfering with what WE pay them to do. It's like the teacher who can't spend time helping your kid because she has to deal with the two troublemakers in class who constantly demand attention. You pay your taxes for her salary and your kid (and the rest of the whole class) gets the leftovers of her resources.

The more sincere a cop is about his job, the more frustrated he's going to be that his time is occupied by the same boobs who comprise the smaller percentage of the population.

1. Not every citizen contributes to that paycheck.
2. "Protect and Serve" is a catchy slogan, but it's not the mission of LE.
3. The fact that my taxes go to the LE budget does not give me free license to be a moron, or to eat up emergency resources with self-absorbed drama.

The people who behave this way aren't just making the cop's job a hassle, they're also interfering with what WE pay them to do. It's like the teacher who can't spend time helping your kid because she has to deal with the two troublemakers in class who constantly demand attention. You pay your taxes for her salary and your kid (and the rest of the whole class) gets the leftovers of her resources.

The more sincere a cop is about his job, the more frustrated he's going to be that his time is occupied by the same boobs who comprise the smaller percentage of the population.

if that's all we were talking about, then sure- but a LOT of cops are dicks to EVERYONE, not just frequent fliers.

Why Cops Hate You

This says it all - of course it is tongue in cheek !:s0114::D

Yes, it says it all, but I'm not laughing. Cops are not hired to be dignitaries. They're hired to be public servants. Any cop who has the attitude displayed in this article needs to quit or be fired. A married cop having a girlfriend is a demonstration of dishonesty. I'm supposed to believe this cowboy when he's on the witness stand testifying against a defendant? This "us versus them" mentality is one of the reasons we have people executed in Portland for failing to signal for a right turn. It's one of the reasons mentally ill street people are beaten to death. But don't get me wrong. My dad was a cop and my nephew is a cop, and so are several cousins. I don't hate cops in general, just the ones who give good cops a bad name.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top