JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It seems that criminals are opportunists, not strategists.
I think most people here agree with you on that, the main argument here seems to be whether or not OC scares people or makes them more used to guns.

Being fun and being cool are extermly valid reasons. I never said that I never let fun or collness mitagate the responsibilty of carrying a weapon.
I agree with you that fun is a valid reason, even though it does kind of sound like the attitude of a stereotypical OCer who only OCs because he thinks it makes him badass or something (not saying most OCers are like this, but it is the stereotype). The whole reason I started shooting was because it was fun. I'm still not convinced open carry has a significant effect on people who aren't gun owners or their future attitude towards guns in general. What I mean is, I don't think a vague guess about what other people are thinking should be a reason to stop doing something fun.

Also... I really don't mean to be rude but this is kind of a pet peeve of mine. Please, please, please try to spell things correctly and use words that have definitions you fully understand, thanks. :s0155:

Nine times out of ten, the moment I try to express my viewpoint against open carry, I am immediately slammed as trying to erode the 2nd amendment.

There's a larger point buried there regarding the reactions of some on this board who pile on when someone states a position that strays from established rightist dogma. But I don't want to hijack the thread.

I don't open carry except when I'm camping, and then only sometimes. I don't like being stared at in public, and I don't think it advances our 2A freedoms. I think it hurts. And being a staunch advocate for those freedoms, I act accordingly.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top