JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
There has been no Walthers in the gun shops for the past six months or more except for a few p22. I really trying to find a PPS 9mm for carry and want it in od green and its like trying to find the holy grail of guns right now, I can find a AR-15 easier. Is Walther not in production or does anyone know? I emailed them a while back and they said you should see Walthers in March, its May non in my town :( and people selling used ones want $200 to $500 more than retail.

March was their estimated roll out for some of their new models for 2013 as noted on their site. introduction of the PPK/S .22lr the PPQ M2, and the new PPX. should be an interesting year for Walther.

They are in production. Walther Arms Some people have purchased the PPS but since Walther split from S&W it is taking a while to ramp up production. What caliber are you looking for?

I do believe the PPS is a German made model so it's not really a production ramp-up issue. Walthers seemed to have always been a little slower to trickle in than some. Some of that was likely because S&W stood to gain more profit from their own guns so the marketing and supply of guns they imported probably had a low priority for them.

Yesterday at Mary's Pistols in Tacoma they had one of the new PPK/S .22 Walthers and it is a cool little gun. I have no idea if they are well made or not but it had a nice feel. Kind of a mini PPK.

James

I have the P22 for plinking and my husband has the Walther PPQ 40mm and I like shooting both a lot because of the grip and the weight balance of the gun.

Yesterday at Mary's Pistols in Tacoma they had one of the new PPK/S .22 Walthers and it is a cool little gun. I have no idea if they are well made or not but it had a nice feel. Kind of a mini PPK.

James

I examined one at Keith's last month-wasn't impressed with the quality. Of course, because it's priced at around $400 I guess you shouldn't expect much.

I really wish they had built a better quality pistol in the PPK/S .22LR-at least as good quality as their PPK and PPK/S .380s

Apparently their marketing strategy is to appeal to the lower end of the market because they see people buying this pistol primarily for plinking-not for self defense like the .380s. But Walther already has an inexpensive plinker in their P22(which I've owned)so I don't know what they're thinking. Old Carl Walther would roll over in his grave.

From WaltherForums:

"I spoke with the Walther rep at the NRA meeting in Houston last week. They can not keep up with the demand, so it will be a while before they will have enough to have back up stock. But they are buliding everything as fast they can."

They used to produce a .22lr with the same quality as the rest of the line back in the 60's-70's, but I guess if they made them the same way as they did, the MSRP would be closer to $1,000. The old American dollar ain't what it used to be.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top