JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I have a P-10C with an RMR and slide serrations milled by JagerWerks. I run it with a modlite and tonight I was running it with a CGS Nautilus. That is a lot of weight on the front, I know.

I am also running Shield extensions with the stronger spring.

When I got into shooting, I did not want to have a Gucci gun. Nothing else of mine has had this much work. That said with the shield extensions this has happened twice. I believe both times had the suppressor on. Aside from this, I've had some failures to eject as well tonight. This gun ran fine for a while, probably 200 rounds, with this precise set up when it came back from Jager. Today, no such luck.

I was shooting S&B and Federal and some Aguila 117 grain. Both of these rounds are federal 117. This was a pain to clear.

Too much weight too far forward + extra spring pressure from the shield +10% springs causing this?

Any other ideas?

1qxbpbN.jpg

Yea, that's a lot of gnarl.
Load one round in the mag, chamber it and then fire it.
If the slide doesn't lock back it's most likely returning to battery prematurely and causing that mung.

Why are you running a heavy spring? I doubt the slide serrations removed enough weight to justify this. The RMR probably added weight to the slide. More weight AND a heavier spring? Sounds like trouble to me.

A light attached to the frame won't affect anything.

The suppressor doesn't help much for cycling either. It in itself on a stock gun can rob the slide off energy to cycle.

So in recap, you added weight to the slide, added a heavier strength recoil spring, and weight on the barrel. All three are slowing the slide down.

Sounds like you might need to give the slide some assistance in cycling.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top