JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I definetly need more space for ammo. I have an old safe that I really need to convert and put shelves in it.

I should have built my shop bigger. o_O
I bought a 90 gun Cannon at Tractor Supply last year for under 1000.00 it seems to be a good safe. I have always preferred a real safe like a Mosler (have a couple of those too) but this seems to be good.

I'll let you know. ;) My shop is 27x40' and I wish I would have built it 30x50' but you know then I would need it even bigger. I just need to get rid of some stuff that I don't need or use anymore.
There is never enough room. I bought a 6,000 shop last spring in town and a 60X80 hanger at the airport they are all full......

So I can safely assume that you prefer straight barrel and no breaks or compensator?

What is your thoughts about straight barrel vs brake or compensator

@SKrueger has a plain Jane barreled 30-06 that is shoot the nuts off a fly accurate and a pleasure to shoot.

His .308 Tikka is even nicer and more accurate. It's threaded but has a cap on the threads, no break or compensator etc.

That's just my opinion of them...

Edit: if you plan on rapid fire as the usual then I can see the merit of a compensator.

@SKrueger has a plain Jane barreled 30-06 that is shoot the nuts off a fly accurate and a pleasure to shoot.

His .308 Tikka is even nicer and more accurate. It's threaded but has a cap on the threads, no break or compensator etc.

That's just my opinion of them...

Edit: if you plan on rapid fire as the usual then I can see the merit of a compensator.

So you don't like breaks! :eek::D

Another vote for a threaded barrel. Even if you just leave the thread protector on you always have the option for a can in the future. Although on a .308 it still won't be hearing safe with most loads.

Another vote for a threaded barrel. Even if you just leave the thread protector on you always have the option for a can in the future. Although on a .308 it still won't be hearing safe with most loads.
I am asking because I know DPMS has as they say hunting rifle with a 20" barrel. I prefer 18 or 20. Just not easy to find one with that barrel length except without the threads. I can accept a 16" barrel in 556 but in 308? FUNK THAT! :D

I am asking because I know DPMS has as they say hunting rifle with a 20" barrel. I prefer 18 or 20. Just not easy to find one with that barrel length except without the threads. I can accept a 16" barrel in 556 but in 308? FUNK THAT! :D

I guess it depends on the gun. My Ruger gunsight scout was a 16" .308 and it was pretty dang accurate. Never tried it long range but under 300-400 yards I could hit what I was aiming at with the irons on it.

I guess it depends on the gun. My Ruger gunsight scout was a 16" .308 and it was pretty dang accurate. Never tried it long range but under 300-400 yards I could hit what I was aiming at with the irons on it.
Nice, I am wanting as much energy at 500 yards as I can get just don't want a 24 inch barrel and a 16 inch just doesn't seem strong enough. I know that 158 gr 308 round will burn off the powder before the 16 inch but a 16 inch barrel will only be able to keep it supersonic out to around 600 yards. I want as close to 1000 and still be close to supersonic. The extra 120 fps from a 24 is not worth the extra weight for me. :D

So I can safely assume that you prefer straight barrel and no breaks or compensator?
Remington used to publish a guide for how much velocity was lost by inch of shortening a barrel. It wasn't that much. I am sure it depends on the load and that sort of thing. Slow burning Magnum loads would make a larger difference than a more moderate caliber. I am using Gentec quick change flash hiders on several rifles so I can move my silencer around. They really are not brakes so they don't deflect any sound sideways or to the rear. My brother was shooting his TRIG 338 Lapua at a range in Arizona, he normally uses a silencer but it was against range rules so he replaced it with the original TRIG brake......they made him move to the very end of the range as far away from everyone as he could get....he was pretty unpopular. I guess none of my guns really have brakes, even my big Weatherby.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top