JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
We have had the "Why do you carry" threads before.

I'll give my answer.

My children..............They are why I carry.

As long as I am alive, NOBODY will harm my kids. I will defend them, by ANY MEANS NECESSARY.

I will do ANYTHING to make sure I live to keep my kids safe. Period.

If concealed carry becomes illegal where I live, we will move.
I will live where I am legally allowed to protect my family.

I agree completely. As a single father, my son is absolutely the most important thing in my life and I will keep him safe.

I carry a pistol because I strive to be prepaired.
I also carry a small back pack with a first aid kit, flash light, multi tool most every where I go. In my car there is a bigger first aid kid, basic tools, jumper cables, water, instant soup, change of cloths, energy bars, two flash lights, two blankets, fire extingisher, deck of cards, jack and dognut wheel. Most of the time I have a camp Coffee press with ground coffee in it (though it tempts me often and I use it up). All of that fits in a two small plastic containers in the trunk.
For some reason no one questions why I carry all that other stuff with me or in my car. :huh:
I belive in our right to carry firearms.
I know that the world can be an unpredictible place.
I also strive to be mentaly prepaired. I do situational awareness exorcises every day.
If I have it my way, one day I will be an old man who can give thanks for never having to use the majority of the tools I carry around with me :D
-A
PS I am away from home at the moment and can not figure out how to use the spell check on this computer. Not so tech savy :eek:

I don't carry yet. I am waiting for my CPL to come in the mail (Hopefully any time now, I applied with KCSO on 1/7 and they say they have the 30 day turnaround) and my tax return to come so I can get my new tool, most likely a Glock 23. Anyhow, I plan to start carrying because I refuse to fall into the trap of naivete that most of the sheeple around fall into. I work in Seattle as an EMT and a dispatcher. I know exactly how long it takes for help to arrive whether it be in the form of fire, aid, or LE. I know that when I have had hairy situations where I needed backup it has seemed like an eternity waiting for the good guys to come and rescue me.

I also refuse to become a victim. If someone wants to take something from me or do me harm, then they're going to get a fight. This world is becoming way too scary and bad for me to continue living my life without an additional means of protecting myself and my loved ones. I guess I also have a hard time watching harm come to another, so if I am able to help someone else who is in a situation from which there are no other means of resolution, then I'm willing to put myself on the line and deal with the consequences resulting from my actions if it means someone else can go home and be with their loved ones at the end of the day.

Just the way I see things from my little corner of the world.

Brian

***Edit****
I guess I should also make it clear, I am not able to carry at work and I am not willing to break that policy or the laws that may be applicable. I chose my profession knowing these rules and I plan to play by said rules. But I plan to carry at all other times when it is legal.

When I was stationed in California as an active duty Marine I walked around off base in fear. As a resident of Washington State I am allowed to take precautions (a pistol) to protect myself and family with a CCP.

Bruce.

pretty much every reason stated above.
im also not allowed to carry at work(firestation)and im ok with that because on almost every call im on LEO respond and beat us to the call.
so really the only time im not armed or have the presence protection is while im in the station its self.

These points have all been brought up already but hey, you asked why I carry :p

Probably my main reason is I believe in the statement that all that's necessary for evil to triumph is for good people to do nothing. A gun equips me with the most effective tool to get involved.

I have a responsibility to my family to come home every night. I also have a responsibility to society not to look the other way.

Now for a little bumper sticker theology :D:

When 911 isn't fast enough the 2nd amendment is there to protect you

KC

Here's my reasons:
1. Current economic situation. (Criminals are getting more bold.. recession has effected them too) I recently moved this to number one on my list!
2. Protection of family.
3. Having an option for self defense.
4. Because it is my right and we do not execise this right, they will take it from us.

As others have stated--because I am the only person I can count on to protect me.

Also, I suffered a serious back injury in 97 and have significant nerve damage in my left leg. My balance is questionable at best and I cannot run at all--this means I cannot flee a dangerous situation by running--I'm going to have to deal with it. I also would not be as able to defend myself physically because of my balance. CC makes me feel more secure and I hope will give me a chance to defuse the situation.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews