JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
N00bie here (first public post, actually!) To keep this short and sweet, everything that's been said above.

I collect cash daily from vending machines, and I'm getting tired of the way the sleaze-bags stare at me with my 60 lb. sack of quarters and 6" high stack of paper money... there's no way to be subtle about the money, so I prefer to have a bit of preparedness handy.

Defense of life and property is important, as is my constitutional right to keep and bear arms.

-Case

I carry because I'm a weakling who couldn't fight his way out of a wet paper bag, and because it makes me feel like a big, strong man.

Actually, I agree with the "Because it's better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it".

Besides, it'd be kinda hard to fit a police officer in my pants pocket. Especially with all the lint and pennies I keep in there.

Here's my reasons:
1. Protection of family.
2. Having an option for self defense.
3. Being able to deescalate a situation.
4. Current economic situation. (Criminals are getting more bold.. recession has effected them too)

+1

I live where no one will hear my family and me screaming so I pretty much carry all the time.. in the car, in the house, and anywhere else its legal. :s0155:

And I'll add (as other have said) to exercise my rights because I spent some good years defending those rights and I don't want to lose them. My wife has her CCP as well.

I carry because with my Military and civilian training (weekly range visits) I am an asset to those around me when things go sideways. I pride myself on the ability to keep those around me safe and thus I dont go a day without my carry weapon. A nice 357, 7 shot revolver 2" barrel loaded with nice hollow point self defence rounds.

because you never know... pistol on the hip, knife in the pocket, spare tire in the trunk... if i had a yacht, there would be a dinghy and life vests on it. if i had an airplane, there would be parachutes. etc

its all survival, are you willing to survive too?

do you leave the house without your carry weapon ever?? why or why not. would you take the spare tire out of your vehicle before leaving??
i think everyone gets it, and most people here probably feel similar.

As soon as I saw this thread I was thinking... Sheepdog! Here it is <broken link removed>

Mudpuppy.... 95B or 31A?

Better to have and not need than to need and not have!
Better to be judged by twelve than carried by six!

gunhummer

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads