JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well if they are too dumb to learn how to use them safely then they shouldn't use them.
If that's the level of brain power that cities are getting for recruits,well I don't know what to say.
When you pull out the gun keep your boogerhook off the trigger
No?

That's the LA Times! A fishwrapper without peer south of the 45th Parallel!
The photo solves "officer shooting anybody" issues
Glock fakes.JPG
Rubber Glocks, Bob:p

I've always been a little leery of Glocks because of the light/short trigger and no manual safety. It's just my opinion though and nothing more. And every example cited in the article could have happened with any firearm. They showed no statistics on AD/ND per hours carried for the Glock vs. other firearms. Come to think of it, the article didn't provide any useful information at all.

My issues with a Glock are grip angle and no external hammer. I learned on revolvers, and it feels weird holstering a handgun without my thumb on the hammer. Other than those two things (for me), they are a good handgun. I would not complain to much if it was my only choice in a handgun (it is just not my first choice in a handgun).

Every handgun accident I am familiar with was with a glock. Also ALL LE ....

They are not for the people that get stressed easily or have any even slightly careless tendency.
In my opinion they should only be used by very proficient people in handgun handling and stress control. But that is just my opinion. :)

I too have been packing Glocks for the past 15 years without issue. It all comes down to training (quality and amount) and how important you take the training (are you a slacker or do you care about the results).

If the person is a boof or untrained they will have problems with any gun regardless. If the Glock was such a liability to carry I have a hard time believing so many agencies use it, or Smith & Wesson M&P s for that matter since they are basically the same pattern.

I find it much easier to teach someone on a weapon with the consistent trigger pull each time. I think Glocks are great guns to teach new shooters on. No external safeties or dockers to remember. They are also great because they can take the abuse.

My main gripe with the Glock is the trigger has to be pulled in order to disassemble the weapon and I know tons of people (not just in law enforcement) make the dreaded mistake of failing to physically and visually confirm the weapon is safely unloaded.

These days most people coming into law enforcement have had zero exposure to firearms before they hit the job. The Glock is a fine weapon and it is easy to use and teach. If the quality of training sucks the results are the same regardless of who carries the weapon.

I say that and my favorite handgun is a Sig Sauer P226 9mm followed closely by the P220 and my Colt 1991A1.

My main gripe with the Glock is the trigger has to be pulled in order to disassemble the weapon and I know tons of people (not just in law enforcement) make the dreaded mistake of failing to physically and visually confirm the weapon is safely unloaded.
I don't see this as any problem for someone smart enough to carry ANY weapon.
If y'all (not you personally) ain't smart enough to check the chamber before dis-assembly,well.
I guess if you are next to someone who isn't that smart then you would have a big problem,though

Your gripe shouldn't be with Glock, it should be with the people who misuse them -- just like any other gun, tool, kitchen blender, whatever. People make a choice to misuse.

Carried Glock as my EDC every day for quite some time. Carried a Beretta 92 as well. Neither of them was more or less unsafe than the other. The Beretta has a safety that I never engaged other than when I turned it into the armorer. Never shot anything that didn't need shooting.

It came down to this for me; my snot locker/booger hook interface is my safety. It is the final check before deciding to press the boom switch or not.

Not visually and physically inspecting your firearm before cleaning or working on it usually becomes a self correcting problem; like working on your fan belt with the car running. Failing to ensure that it is safe to pull the trigger (because there are times that it is) is just dumb.

Failing to engage your brain when using firearms can lead to missing out on the rest of your life.

Quote from article:

"terms of mechanical design, there are few flaws with Glock pistols. If a law enforcement officer, soldier or citizen does exactly what they are supposed to do all of the time with cyborg certainty, there will be no problems with the Glock..."

This sums it up, can't fix stupid or bad training. Some people will never get it.

The way I see it, the only reason cops shouldn't use Glocks is they have inferior skullcrushing ability, compared to like a squarebutt model 19 revolver.
Matter a fact, back in the day I bought my wife a secondhand 4" M-19 squarebutt with a nicely engraved brass plate on the bottom of the butt for her first gun.. I thought it was cute.
For those wishing to bring their Glock up to yesteryear performance, one could always upgrade to the "glass breaker" floorplate though.. lol

th?&id=JN.EYnJV3AVMaOPhgJtYNy7Og&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads