JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You guys, measure the interior of your vehicles, where you want to put the "truck bed" and see if it will fit this....

1572376124940.png

46" long, 31" wide, 16" high. Says total capacity is 75 gallons (when I do the math, its almost 99 gallons).
Looks like a smooth bottom, so if that area is carpeted, it could be easily slid in and out.
Here's the link - Rectangular Tanks -Tuff Stuff Products

You guys, measure the interior of your vehicles, where you want to put the "truck bed" and see if it will fit this....

View attachment 628869

46" long, 31" wide, 16" high. Says total capacity is 75 gallons (when I do the math, its almost 99 gallons).
Looks like a smooth bottom, so if that area is carpeted, it could be easily slid in and out.
Here's the link - Rectangular Tanks -Tuff Stuff Products
That might be perfect for my cargo area with seat up; gotta measure distance where the seatbacks are to gate..

If it seems a little tight, that might be a blessing in disguise...pinched between gate and seat would help hold it in place.
Good luck and glad you found that helpful to you.

Dean

Last Edited:
Big? Small? Diesel? Gas?
That's not my question.
I can't foe the life of me see why anyone buys American made pickups.
Gas
Those things drop in value like a rock. But above that there built like crap. Must be a loyalty to America is all I can figure.

Gladiator pickup will supposedly also have the 3.0l diesel as an option in the future which should make it more attractive.

The wrangler 3.0 diesel has 442 lb ft of torque and supposedly will get 30 mpg highway. Supposed to start production of 3.0l equipped wrangler in late nov. 2019.

I compared size of 4 door wrangler vs crew cab Tacoma and they are both the same width while short box Tacoma is 24 inches longer than wrangler. That's less than I thought. I'm guessing Tacoma would be more reliable based on research (limited) I've done. Price seems much better on Tacoma also.

One thing that would bother me about the wrangler diesel would be buying one in its first year. It is pretty much guaranteed to have growing pains the first year and maybe second year I would think. The Tacoma is probably going to be refreshed I would think by the time the jeep diesel is on its third year (guessing). Man I wish Toyota would offer a diesel tacoma in the USA.

A heads up to anyone thinking about buying a Jeep wrangler JL (newest) version. The rental I had had 15 k miles and under heavy braking at highway speed it violently shudders left and right. I'm not talking "vibration" here it's more like a 4 inch jump to the left then 4 inch jump to the right repeatedly. I literally thought the front wheel was going to come off.

I've been studying reviews on this rig and almost all mention steering issues. Most say "we don't know what the problem is but there is definitely a problem." Must be a major design flaw.

it is not noticeable at all in normal driving. Only in hard (emergency type) braking (i only tested at fast speed so it may not be there at slower speeds I dunno). My concern would be that if there is something that bad at only 15k miles and if so many poeple are mentioning it, then after lots of miles and stress from rock climbing etc it might be a real loosy goody front end. Just fyi. I am definitely crossing this vehicle off my list due to that and wind noise.

I also noticed that 3 of the side doors and hood showed "warping" for lack of a better term. Basically thin sheet metal and where something is mounted such as the big windshield washers or hinges there is a noticeable deformation in the sheet metal. probably only visible in black or dark vehicles. In white or bright colors you may not notice it. for the money these cost $45,000+ I wouldn't expect that.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR