JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Interesting that in none of the three examples given by JustJim was a backup weapon actually used to good effect. Also interesting how quickly this became ad hominem.

And I'm calling BS on all three examples anyway. Let's see the police reports. There were two attempted robberies and a case of assault? Marauding Hispanics and shotgun-toting pirates? Let's see the evidence.

Interesting that in none of the three examples given by JustJim was a backup weapon actually used to good effect. Also interesting how quickly this became ad hominem.

And I'm calling BS on all three examples anyway. Let's see the police reports. There were two attempted robberies and a case of assault? Marauding Hispanics and shotgun-toting pirates? Let's see the evidence. I say you're lying.

You are trying real hard to get conversation:s0112::s0112: If you had a sense of humor it might help you:s0112::s0112: Each case was real and each case would have been better off with a backup gun. You can call BS all you want:s0129::s0129:

jj

You can call BS all you want:s0129::s0129:
jj

So that nonsense about "hispanics" threatening your family was just BS. Glad we have that cleared up.

Backup weapons might be useful. I don't know of many (any?) cases where that's been the case for private citizens in Oregon. If there are such cases, I have to ask: What stupid thing did you do to lose control of your primary weapon?

In any event, my point is that there has to be a limit. The whole point of a concealed weapon is that it's a backup to ordinary methods of resolving disputes. If we need a backup to our backup, maybe we need a backup to our backup to our backup. Where does it stop? I think one good gun is a good idea. If you think you need multiple guns on your person, maybe you don't know how to handle the one you have.

So that nonsense about "hispanics" threatening your family was just BS. Glad we have that cleared up.

Backup weapons might be useful. I don't know of many (any?) cases where that's been the case for private citizens in Oregon. If there are such cases, I have to ask: What stupid thing did you do to lose control of your primary weapon?

In any event, my point is that there has to be a limit. The whole point of a concealed weapon is that it's a backup to ordinary methods of resolving disputes. If we need a backup to our backup, maybe we need a backup to our backup to our backup. Where does it stop? I think one good gun is a good idea. If you think you need multiple guns on your person, maybe you don't know how to handle the one you have.

I'm afraid I'm going to have to disagree on at least part of your post. In a disparity of force situation, you may be heavily outnumbered. The best way to defend your gun is with an other gun. Speaking for myself, I use both hands when I fight. Loosing is not an option when its my family or myself. I have come home from a long day, taking off my handgun I find that the safety would not come off. The plunger tube had come loose and the the end of it was stuck under the safety, imagine that happening in a bad situation and you have no back-up gun,.....Murphy can be a real pain, seldom does he let these things happen when you dont need them. Guess I was lucky. Both in the fact I didnt need it and that I had a bug.

:s0112::s0112::s0112: Do you own more than one gun?? Why:D:D Bet a guy like you only needs one bullet too:s0112::s0112::s0112:

jj

For the people who do carry a second gun, where do you carry it? My primary gun is an IWB around the 5 o'clock position. I have a cheap ankle holster but it doesnt secure my G26 very well.

How many guns should you carry? How many guns do the cops carry to protect themselves?

jj

Some carry only one. It's their backup to their preferred mode of dispute resolution. Many don't need a second backup.

But what cops do isn't all that relevant to me. Some wear body armor and carry radios too. I don't.

If you carry two, why not three? If three, why not four?

Some carry only one. It's their backup to their preferred mode of dispute resolution. Many don't need a second backup.

But what cops do isn't all that relevant to me. Some wear body armor and carry radios too. I don't.

My good man, I only have two hands:s0155:

I've carried two guns a few times, and it just felt excessive. A situation that requires more than a good quality firearm and one or two reloads is a situation to be running away from.

Of course you don't carry a radio, who would respond:s0112::s0112: Geez Do you own more than one gun??Why:D:D

Most cops do have a second gun or a partner with a gun. They know what it takes when it gets ugly because they deal with ugly all the time.

jj

Just a personal preference but I always make sure my "in the boot" or "on the body" backup is a small revolver. My main carry is an automatic and if Im resorting to a 2nd gun, I want to reduce the chances of failures as much as possible.

Right now my boot gun is a NAA Micro-revolver (22magnum). Sing action, smaller than any gun I've ever handled and made of pure quality.

Can't remember for sure, but it seems like I remember the guy teaching my concealed carry class said that the permit only allowed for one concealed weapon, and that if you carried more than one you were breaking the law. Can anyone confirm?

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top