JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I carry one as it's easy to conceal, can be with you in places where your primary might not be able to be.
It is quicker to pull your second gun then reload.
It's about the same weight as another magazine.
I can arm my wife or friend's if they happen not to be armed at that time. 2 Shooters > 1 Shooter.
If it comes to a situation where the drop is on me and I have to drop my primary they may have a false sense of security thinking I am unarmed and I can us utilize my secondary.

Isnt oregon handguns only?

No rifles, shotguns, swords or nunchucks ;)

<broken link removed>

I was a M240 gunner in my platoon. I also carried an M9, Ka Bar and a Kukri blade. Was this too many weapons? To say that your primary will never malfunction beyond immediate repair is just ignorant. Your a fool to never carry a weapon. Your just less capable if you only carry one.

I carry my backup on a string ran through the arms of my coat I shrug the left and the gun slides into my right hand. I can beat anyone to the draw. you don't realize ihave armed myself until I start shooting.

I don't carry a BUG myself. But, if I were to ever go with open carry, I'd love to have a pair of identical guns on each hip. Ya know.....for balance. ;)

How about two PMR-30s? Would 60 rounds without a reload settle things?

I read these old posts and could go off on a soapbox. But I'll spare you.

I do carry a BUG when I can. And though I've never pulled the trigger on a guy, from my personal experiences as a chick, I find it gives me a little more confidence to have a BUG rather than just one 5-6 shot gun. Especially in situations when I've been confronted by more than one potential attacker. The idea of sharing one gun's bullets between two or more men, makes any 5-6 round firepower feel rather small.

Again, no trigger's been pulled yet, but if it is... I want back up. As Just Jim mentioned... it is the fastest reload option. In all my experiences, it has only taken seconds for a normal situation to turn threatening.

Nephew was headed south over the pass and had to pull over to put on chains. Night time and the area had other vehicles that had no chains. He gave his wife his gun and went out to put on the chains and a Hispanic came up and tried to take them from him. Another gun would have sent him packing in a hurry.

Your sarcasim seems to be more of a troll than a statement. Not sure if it's elitists arrogance from years of being a state employee living off the rest of us or just boredom cause nobody is replying to you:s0112::s0112::s0112:

jj

Well if you have Hispanics in your neighborhood, then yes, obviously you need more than one gun.

I carry a BUG mostly when shooting, both outside and at the range. I already IWB my M&P, but dealing with a second at all times just won't work out well.

Outside, If you've got your focus on that soda can 50 feet out with your cups on, you might not notice the guy walking up behind you waiting for the gun to be empty. (I need those electronic ones soon...)

Inside at the range, I'm not too worried about my fellow members, just the people fast enough to get in the door past the keycard lock if one of my fellow members doesn't police the entrance.

Outside, and not at the range, wife's CCW is the best BUG i could have.

Edit, it used to be the Victory Model 10 .38 , now it's the Schofield loading 225 gr Silvertip HP... wife has started calling it the werewolf gun.... :D Hmmn, what does it say when your backup is larger than your primary?

Two is one and one is none.

Somebody please explain this to me. So my 1 gun I carry doesn't count? Does anyone carry 2 phones, 1 for a backup communication device? Just curious. I mostly just hear this from those who carry 2 guns, 6 mags, 3 flashlights, 2 knives and a GPS...to the grocery store.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top