JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The dust has settled and shelves are filling with ammo and racks with rifles. A variety I am struggling to get a feel for interest in is the many variations of the 9MM carbine. From a Kel-Tec Sub2000 to the Bushmaster Carbon 15 in 9MM, as well as JP, Beretta CX4, Just Right and TNW all playing in this space. Even the Roni when your Glock needs a Halloween night.

Now I am seeing the MPA Defender coming available (picture below), but have no bearing on whether or not it would be a must have for some of you and if I should scoop some of them up. Please share what carbine models are working for you and any that have been a sinkhole for your hard earned dollars.

I cannot imagine giving up my two Sub2000's, they shoot well and are a great way to bring new shooters into the fold. Thank you in advance for sharing your thoughts and experiences!

mpa_defender_bronze.jpg

The dust has settled and shelves are filling with ammo and racks with rifles. A variety I am struggling to get a feel for interest in is the many variations of the 9MM carbine. From a Kel-Tec Sub2000 to the Bushmaster Carbon 15 in 9MM, as well as JP, Beretta CX4, Just Right and TNW all playing in this space. Even the Roni when your Glock needs a Halloween night.

Now I am seeing the MPA Defender coming available (picture below), but have no bearing on whether or not it would be a must have for some of you and if I should scoop some of them up. Please share what carbine models are working for you and any that have been a sinkhole for your hard earned dollars.

I cannot imagine giving up my two Sub2000's, they shoot well and are a great way to bring new shooters into the fold. Thank you in advance for sharing your thoughts and experiences!

View attachment 357905

Like the look of that new one but then I tend to like ANY PCC. :D
I have 5 PCC's now. 2 are Kel-Tecs, 2 are TNW ASR's. I have often thought VERY hard on an AR based one. Main thing I love is being able to keep them in something like a laptop bag. This is why I love the KT's and TNW's. The TNW's have edged into top spot for me due to the ease of converting them. The way they can be made to shoot 9mm or 357S, .40, 10mm, and .45 just really does it for me. Not to mention they can also be swapped to eject left for south paws. The biggest problem I had when I found out about these was no one seemed to have ever heard of them. Had to buy my first one off the auctions. I suspect as more find out about these and can see and handle one the ASR's should sell even better. Several people who have shot one of mine now either own one, or it's on the short list for them.

View attachment 357905
Carbines are neat.
What's your pistol caliber carbine?

If I could find a great deal on a 9mm AR carbine, I'd be all over it.

Build your own. I put this 9mm carbine together for under $400.00./ $300.00 for the complete 9mm upper with BCG and charging handle, an 80% Polymre receiver, and the rest was parts I had laying around. I don't really care the AR Glock receivers. It limits your options. With this 9mm magwell conversion, it uses Uzi style stick mags. If I need to. I can drop the conversion and replace the upper and I can shoot several different rifle rounds. Can't do that with a Glock style receiver

IMG_20161114_214731888_zps5syzcfxp.jpg

Build your own. I put this 9mm carbine together for under $400.00./ $300.00 for the complete 9mm upper with BCG and charging handle, an 80% Polymre receiver, and the rest was parts I had laying around. I don't really care the AR Glock receivers. It limits your options. With this 9mm magwell conversion, it uses Uzi style stick mags. If I need to. I can drop the conversion and replace the upper and I can shoot several different rifle rounds. Can't do that with a Glock style receiver

View attachment 358347
I like that. What kind of lower is that?

I bought a Rock River Arms dedicated 9mm AR with the intention of going SBR and suppress it. I put an Eotech on it and have been having so much fun shooting it as is, that I never got around to doing the SBR/Suppressor.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top