JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Is there a short version of what he is trying to say here. Gave up after a short time.
BLUF:
He's been Dx'ed with pancreatic cancer, and he has an old ex that is savvy in tech and has access to state databases who's posting shiit on him via multiple accounts trying to denigrate him. He left this ex decades ago, and she appears to be somewhat vengeful. That's what I got out if it. I watched the vid all the way through, with about the latter half just as background noise. I'd back it up and listen to it a few seconds at a time when he said something that caught my ear...

Last Edited:
BLUF:
He's been Dx'ed with pancreatic cancer, and he has an old ex that is savvy in tech and has access to state databases who's posting shiit on him via multiple accounts trying to denigrate him. He left this ex decades ago, and she appears to be somewhat vengeful. That's what I got out if it. I watched the vid all the way through, with about the latter half just as background noise. I'd back it up and listen to it a few seconds at a time when he said something that caught my ear...
OK, that is a shame. Have watched a few of his video's and they always seemed well done. That is one of the really nasty cancers so he probably is short timer now. Hope he can find peace in the time he has left.

OK, that is a shame. Have watched a few of his video's and they always seemed well done. That is one of the really nasty cancers so he probably is short timer now. Hope he can find peace in the time he has left.
Yah, plus he states rather plainly that he isn't asking for sympathy nor funding. It was just a factual video. That as he explains in the video he had to put out because of his crazy ex stalker.

Apparently stalker ex had posted up in various places & using multiple sock puppets denigrating & nonfactual info regarding his diagnosis. A diagnosis he goes further into how he attempted to hide from his online/electronic informatics, however she still found it...creeepy!!

So he simply wanted to get the facts out in front. That's it.

Just pitched up to read this thread!!

Paul Harrell, well it's just about all been said, genuine, authentic, entertaining and NO BS!

I REALLY like his off topic videos where he discussed dress and deportment, historical hunting attire and patterns to name a few; but mostly it's his professionalism and experience when discussing firearms and ammunition.

All with a dry sense of humour.

You know, he could almost be ~~~~ British!!

Thanks for letting me join and add to the thread.

best wishes to you all.

AndyB

"You know, he could almost be ~~~~ British!!" Yeah I have had the same thought- He is very underplayed.

He may well get through it.. it seems many do, hopefully he's one of them.
Yeah, he did not make it seem like it was the end of his world. He's just got a pretty tough row to hoe coming up...

And when he's wearing his Jones cap in his videos going forward, it's not to cover hair loss from chemo. So says Paul Harrell hisseff...

Yeah, he did not make it seem like it was the end of his world. He's just got a pretty tough row to hoe coming up...

And when he's wearing his Jones cap in his videos going forward, it's not to cover hair loss from chemo. So says Paul Harrell hisseff...
To be fair, were he to, it would stand to reason that with less hair one would be even more likely to wear a hat because of the cold.

To be fair, were he to, it would stand to reason that with less hair one would be even more likely to wear a hat because of the cold.
Well, I was just reiterating what he said in the video, that if he's wearing his Jones cap, it's not a signal for people to spread rumors that he's losing his hair to chemo. That's all I was saying.

Yah, plus he states rather plainly that he isn't asking for sympathy nor funding. It was just a factual video. That as he explains in the video he had to put out because of his crazy ex stalker.

Apparently stalker ex had posted up in various places & using multiple sock puppets denigrating & nonfactual info regarding his diagnosis. A diagnosis he goes further into how he attempted to hide from his online/electronic informatics, however she still found it...creeepy!!

So he simply wanted to get the facts out in front. That's it.
Damn shame. Not to tell him how to run his show but, seems a poor way to do it. I have to wonder how many people did the same thing I did. Try to watch to see what he was going to say and just give up. Maybe its just me? So many times when someone puts something on the tube like that its hard to watch as they take :30 to tell me :02 of info. If often just give up when people start talking and talking and not saying anything. Do hope the guy can find some peace with the time he has left. Watched a couple people die from this and its a sad way to go.

I watched the whole thing. Having had many family, friends, and acquaintances die of the Big C, I empathise with the guy. Having watched all his vids I can find, I like his soft-spoken kunderstated non-egotistic style and his hands-on tests of various firearms. Personally, I'm with him to the end- in the online sense, obviously.
Yah, I enjoy how his videos are normally thoughtful & very thorough. Not snippets & soundbites.

I can understand how many folks may not be used to such in videos of today. However it's also notable that he normally reminds folks that they can always skip ahead if parts are too mundane...

Given limited time, just like everyone, I'll often simply pause a video I'm watching of his & circle back to continue when time allows. It's not difficult to do, much like reading anything which can not be finished at the time...

His videos & style are not for everyone, however everyone (IMO) should TRY viewing them for themselves. Not based on mine, or worse yet, his online detractors opinions of his videos.

I've met Paul a few times. I sold him a double barrel shotgun when I worked at a gun store on the Oregon coast. Very nice guy and super knowledgeable about guns. I'm sorry he's going through all of that. I'm a cancer survivor and he's got a tough road ahead.

Folks shouldn't lump the legendary Paul with the likes of Hickok and his knuckledragging son.
That's an uncalled for insult. The difference in style doesnt make either one a "knuckle-dragger". The Hickoks are fairly typical Southerners in their presentations and .45 is nothing if not a gentleman.
This ISN'T the place to incite regionalism and hatred for fellow gunners! Why would you even say that??? Unless of course you're an anti-gun provocateur out to stir up dissension.

That's an uncalled for insult. The difference in style doesnt make either one a "knuckle-dragger". The Hickoks are fairly typical Southerners in their presentations and .45 is nothing if not a gentleman.
This ISN'T the place to incite regionalism and hatred for fellow gunners! Why would you even say that??? Unless of course you're an anti-gun provocateur out to stir up dissension.
I take it you have not been paying much attention to this poster? This kind of comment is normal for him and you giving him reaction is just what he is craving. Need of attention and all. :s0092:

This:
Only thing to do is just ignore it. He craves attention.

Also, have you noticed the absolute horse crap and smut written on this forum about people you don't like? Don't tell me you only care when a denigration is aimed "toward our team."

The above insult is rather tame - and unless hickock's son is here to personally call it out, it's a third party insult no different than (other than much less insulting) all of the BS written about…(pick anyone not a libertarian republican).

(Aimed at the forum, not you in particular): perhaps keep this in mind when throwing out third party insults. If I'm going to care about one, best believe I'll care about the other.

I seem to recall a thread about a you tube guy named Hank posting about his … was it lymphoma? Anyway - some not very upstanding things written in there…

Just sayin'.

Any further on this tangent can be taken to PM. Back to your regularly scheduled OP.

Paul's an older dude these days but he's in great shape - good luck to him.

This:

Also, have you noticed the absolute horse crap and smut written on this forum about people you don't like? Don't tell me you only care when a denigration is aimed "toward our team."

The above insult is rather tame - and unless hickock's son is here to personally call it out, it's a third party insult no different than (other than much less insulting) all of the BS written about…(pick anyone not a libertarian republican).

(Aimed at the forum, not you in particular): perhaps keep this in mind when throwing out third party insults. If I'm going to care about one, best believe I'll care about the other.

I seem to recall a thread about a you tube guy named Hank posting about his … was it lymphoma? Anyway - some not very upstanding things written in there…

Just sayin'.

Any further on this tangent can be taken to PM. Back to your regularly scheduled OP.

Paul's an older dude these days but he's in great shape - good luck to him.
Ok, since you are a staff member here I hear you and will no longer support this site to make you happy

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top