JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I helped my Dad get his up last weekend. All the stuff he has for decorations is really cool vintage stuff from the 50's that his dad made.

The Santa is the original one that my Grandpa made in 1956, it was a paper pattern that you glue to plywood and then clear coat it.

The Candy Cane is something my Grandpa came up with on his own. I'm not sure about the snowman family if he came up with it or if it was some pattern but he made and painted it by hand, they are also from the 50's.

The Sleigh and Reindeer are not from the 50's but the patterns are, we had the originals that my Grandpa made but they were falling apart. My dad found the patterns on Ebay so him and I made them last year.

These are pictures from last year, but they are all up now.

View attachment 408869
View attachment 408870
View attachment 408871
View attachment 408872

View attachment 408874 View attachment 408873

That vintage Santa needs an old school glass bottle of Coke in his raised hand.... LOL!

My wife's allergies have prevented us from having a real tree for many years now. We bought a decent looking fake and decorate it nicely. It's a bonus that it doesn't require watering, doesn't dry out and doesn't drop thousands of needles. Only real drawback is the lack of that fresh tree smell, which I do miss. If it weren't for her allergies, I would add a fresh wreath inside the front door to get that pine smell.

You can get plug-in air-fresheners that'll waft that fine pine scent through the house. ;)

That vintage Santa needs an old school glass bottle of Coke in his raised hand.... LOL!

You can get plug-in air-fresheners that'll waft that fine pine scent through the house. ;)

Or I could have you rub a pine tree air freshener all over yourself and have you stand behind the tree for the season :cool:

You won't get mistaken for a squirrel if you would stop playing with your nuts.

Maybe one of these instead....

F39859EC-D332-49D2-82E4-2AAF73786453.jpeg

Bah-Humbug!!!

Did outside decorating when the kid was younger and the whole street did it.

Might be 2-3 house that even make an attempt now.

My house is pretty tough to hang lights on but we do it up right inside still.

^^^anyone want a pear tree? got one in my front yard im bout to yank out with my truck. lol. PITA with all the bees and fruit flys. oh and leaves too. yields good pears tho

I wanted to. We put our tree up last weekend, but my wofe wasn't interested in the outside lights!
Usually she's all about the decorations. I might do it this weekend.
My neighbors down the street go ham on their house. Makes the whole neighborhood looks like smucks

Looks great! Have you ever driven in the Gubser Neighborhood during the Keizer Miracle of Christmas Lights Display?

I drove through last year and I don't think I will ever do that again, it took forever and was just jammed packed. I would hate to live in that Neighborhood this time of year.
ha ha yeah. my entire life.

drive the opposite way of everyone else.

my inlaws live right off mccleod by volcanoes stadium. we go there a lot so we know how to navigate amongst the sheep followin the signs :D:D:D

luckily, i live up by "the meadows" on the wheatland side so its pretty relaxed around here

ha ha yeah. my entire life.

drive the opposite way of everyone else.

my inlaws live right off mccleod by volcanoes stadium. we go there a lot so we know how to navigate amongst the sheep followin the signs :D:D:D

luckily, i live up by "the meadows" on the wheatland side so its pretty relaxed around here

I am off of Lockhaven, it can get pretty busy.

I am with @Caveman Jim here. Two strings interior lights up in the two front windows in the house. 30 minutes max including finding the damn things. Done. Then off to go fishing, shooting, picture taking or anything else other than house decorating.

And I thought I was the only lazy Merry season kinda guy... A lot of other things worth doing than tryin to keepin up with the younger neighbors with kid laborors. We've paid our dues....:p:p:p

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top