JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
i have always put them up the weekend following Thanksgiving, and take them down the weekend after New Year's Day. The tree is up (right window) and a lighted wreath, but that's the wife's thing.

8B8E4995-51B7-47BB-ACC5-F53AA0E52638.jpeg

I like to get them up kind of right after Thanksgiving. It's been a bit soggy out lately though and my motivation to pull them all down from the attic escapes me. I'm thinking of heading to Depot and getting a couple of projector lights, aiming them half-a@@ed at the house and calling it done.

Yes, got mine up last weekend due to both my neighbors on either side of me put there's up the week before. I didn't want to be that guy without lights.

One of the things I like about my wife is when I ask her if she wants to decorate for Christmas, she gives me that look :rolleyes: and says, yeah...I"ll get right on that one :D

This is likely gonna be a no lights christmas. Our relocation last summer found us in a crappy townhouse where you can't hang anything on the walls. And since its such a cozy place - we are seriously considering a fake tree for the first time ever. :(

Wife & kid want to put vinyl stickers on the windows, that should be ok...

No lights. We're out in the woods. We'd only be doing it to entertain the wild critters.

The wife goes a little crazy on the inside of the house, however. She pulls boxes of crap out and covers every nook and cranny with Xmas Xcrement, and watches the Hallmark channel Xmas movies non-stop.

I spend a lot of December time in my office. I'm thinking of installing a liquor cabinet up here.

I helped my Dad get his up last weekend. All the stuff he has for decorations is really cool vintage stuff from the 50's that his dad made.

The Santa is the original one that my Grandpa made in 1956, it was a paper pattern that you glue to plywood and then clear coat it.

The Candy Cane is something my Grandpa came up with on his own. I'm not sure about the snowman family if he came up with it or if it was some pattern but he made and painted it by hand, they are also from the 50's.

The Sleigh and Reindeer are not from the 50's but the patterns are, we had the originals that my Grandpa made but they were falling apart. My dad found the patterns on Ebay so him and I made them last year.

These are pictures from last year, but they are all up now.

1FD73934-F0EC-46E1-AC7C-CB82DDC35E23.jpeg
447796C0-1C4A-4F60-93C9-93B090D7CE95.jpeg
22CDD3C6-8898-4149-BDCD-742CFDDBBC2C.jpeg
3920B997-7747-42B7-B808-DD0346AEF0FE.jpeg

21D447DF-BF24-481E-86B8-A563EABF5A92.jpeg 84A77A35-04A1-4B97-98E9-D87D1724B3F7.jpeg

This is likely gonna be a no lights christmas. Our relocation last summer found us in a crappy townhouse where you can't hang anything on the walls. And since its such a cozy place - we are seriously considering a fake tree for the first time ever. :(

Wife & kid want to put vinyl stickers on the windows, that should be ok...

My wife's allergies have prevented us from having a real tree for many years now. We bought a decent looking fake and decorate it nicely. It's a bonus that it doesn't require watering, doesn't dry out and doesn't drop thousands of needles. Only real drawback is the lack of that fresh tree smell, which I do miss. If it weren't for her allergies, I would add a fresh wreath inside the front door to get that pine smell.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top