JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have done so a few times! Ruger LPC in a Talon pocket holster. Spare mags in their belt pouch in the back pocket.

IMG_0557.JPG

I like pocket carry because I can take the suit coat off if I get warm. Which I invariably do! :)

I do pretty regularly. And as a slim guy who wears suits that fit properly, any type of waistband carry or shoulder holster is obvious -- looks like y6u are a hunchback. So I wear cowboy boots with my suits and do boot carry.

I dress like this so you can imagine what I can carry under all of that.

Neo_render_by_moonmanxo-d4qfnzv.png

Does that count as a suit? Kidding, I don't own a suit. I'm too backwoods redneck to have one. I have nothing to contribute to this thread.

Maybe I do though. I have been known to dress nice and when wearing proper attire it's IWB covered by jacket, except that time I wore that GP100 OWB in a leather holster... that was classy with my attire.

Seriously, CCing well in a suit isn't as easy as most people think -- hollywood movies make it look like you can wear a well tailored suit and a full size combat pistol will be invisible under the jacket if you have a shoulder holster. I can tell you from experience that even a j-frame in a shoulder holster is pretty obvious if your suit fits properly. SOme people I know who have been serious about shoulder holster suit carry have had their suits tailored with extra room under the shoulders to better hide a gun, but IMHO it is still pretty obvious to everyone what the bulge in your armpit is.

Pocket holsters in a suit are also an issue because the weight of the gun will cause the suit to hang funny -- the only way it works is if your have something that prints like a cellphone, but it is obvious to everyone you have something big and heavy in your pocket, so if you also have a phone it can be telling to anyone paying attention.

The people I know who have to wear suits and "dress casual" for their work, especially if they work in places where carrying a gun would cause workplace drama, are pretty much left with carrying very compact mouseguns, or wearing dumpy ill fitting dress clothes.

I do! Most of us have the "Professor look" with a sports jacket that covers nicely! For a more formal get up, it depends if you would ever need to remove your jacket. I would go with a deep IWB of some kind to remain "Grey" to those around you!

In a suit in Winter I carry my Glock 19 in a Vanguard II AIWB holster. In the Summer I carry my LCP in a TALON pocket holster.

Who CCs in formal attire regularly? What is you CC method?
RARELY wear one any more thank god. When I have to I use a shoulder rig. My favorite is a well worn Miami Classic passed down to me from Father. It does show to anyone who is paying enough attention to know what to look for but I don't care. Also use my KT P3 in a pocket with one of the Desantis holsters for this. With jeans I don't bother with the holster but with any kind of slacks they are great.

Strong side in an OWB holster - requires leaving the jacket unbuttoned. Sometimes in an ankle holster with an airweight - sometimes pants pocket carry with an airweight. I've found with a full size gun the two big impediments are the cut of the jacket (especially if you want to button it) and the waistband of the pants. Suit pants waistbands are thin and unreinforced, and the belt loops are usually pretty flimsy. All that combines to pull your pants down on one side.

I wear a suit often. I have found a pocket holster and my Ruger LC9 in the vest pocket are the least detectable. I am average height (5'11") and slim. I have lots of other combos available but that seems best for me.

Winter time, I wear a Long Navy Pea Coat ( not the full trench length) and this really aids in covering any set up, and I could pocket carry in this with out much trouble. Plus, I think that these Jackets are quite stylish and super comfy, so that's my get up.
Warmer months it's a sports Jacket with a under vest cut long ( think 1920's) and this also helps hide my carry rig.

Great idea! With my build if I wear much other except a S. O. B. holster from Galco I look like I have a bowling ball hidden under my jacket. Most suit jacket have a split or vent at the bottom of the back and so the S. O. B. holster is out unless I have a sweater vest or?

My biggest issue year round is I'm always hot. Unless it's less than 35 deg I usually wear shorts.

I've always love the idea of a light jacket but I always get uncomfortably warm and start sweating.
And I'm not a heavy guy. Pretty slim.

I think the trick is finding a good tailor that knows how to tailor a suit to hide a CC. Maybe talk to some LEOs/detectives to see who they use.

If anyone knows a tailor or can recommend one they should advertise on here. I'm sure he'll get some good business

My biggest issue year round is I'm always hot. Unless it's less than 35 deg I usually wear shorts.

I've always love the idea of a light jacket but I always get uncomfortably warm and start sweating.
And I'm not a heavy guy. Pretty slim.

I think the trick is finding a good tailor that knows how to tailor a suit to hide a CC. Maybe talk to some LEOs/detectives to see who they use.

If anyone knows a tailor or can recommend one they should advertise on here. I'm sure he'll get some good business

Here's to YOU, all you "year 'round basketball shorts wearing guys"! :D

There's wearing a suit, then there's wearing a suit..

I cannot concealed carry under any of my jackets - would print ridiculously. If you wear a cut remotely fashionable it's just not going to happen.

You guys must be wearing some 80s sack cut suits or something

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads