JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Robber has been lucky so far! Lots of people on the island have carry permits, he just hasn't found one yet, but when he does..........

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
"Defender of Freedom" award
NRA Recruiter
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"Having a gun is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have it you may never need it again"

Prior to relocating to Central Oregon, my wife and I nearly moved to Whidbey Island. Having spent a lot of time on the island I can only say that I'm not surprised these crimes are being committed. The island has an odd dynamic of vacation homes, isolation, apathetic business owners, poor city/county government and management and liberal infestation. Despite having Whidbey Island Naval Air Station there really isn't a profound sense of community on the island in general. We decided that these obstacles were too great to overcome for our family and moved elsewhere.

Hopefully some of the few great people from Freeland, Greenbank, Langley or Coupeville will bust out their weapon and provide a permanent solution for this criminal.

I find it surprising that they didn't mention the 116 homes that have been burglarized (?) in Oak Harbor in the last year. Of course a guy with a gun makes better headlines. How much do you want to bet that when someone finally shoots this guy it won't make the news. You know why. Guns are dangerous and not protectors of innocent citizens (not my opinion). In regards to the carry permits, you have to be home to make that a factor and it appears the thieves are doing their homework. Another factor is that we are not a "social" society anymore and are usually not aware of what is going on in our neighborhoods. I have never talked to my new neighbors who bought the house next door last year beyond a shaking of hands and introductions, but I do know what they drive, what their daughter and son drives. It is up to us to be alert and informed...the LEO's can't be everywhere. It is a hard shell to break, but maybe we need to pay attention to strange cars or U-hauls in our neighborhoods and not be such isolationists in spite of our nature.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top