JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm taking an upcoming Appleseed class and haven't shot a lot of prone since JROTC small bore. So, I'm older and fatter and want a good mat.

Dillon, voodoo, CED.., what say you?

I'm interested in this, too.

If you are shooting Appleseed matches, you won't be using a bi-pod, but that may come in handy other times.

I know this is an old post, but here's my input for any others who may be following after. The Midway Competition Shooting is mat is far away the best bang for the buck. Pic of me and my Midway mat below.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/276544/midwayusa-pro-series-competition-shooting-mat

As has been said, the polymer material at the front and back of the mat does have a tendency to get quite hot underneath the blazing sun. To remedy this, AND because it's a good idea to have no matter what type of shooting mat you use, I employ a simple pair of Meuller brand vollyball elbow pads whenever I shoot at Appleseed or elsewhere. I think I got them at Sports Authority.

20150607_152056a_zpsar31f9ko.jpg

These will easily protect your elbows from heat, scrapes, rocks, etc., without breaking the bank. I've seen lots of other styles of elbow pads at Appleseed including full mil-spec yadda-yadda and what not. I like these.

Another thing I use is a fingerless anti-vibration glove on my left hand that I got from Harbor Freight Tools. Way cheaper than a standard shooting glove, and still has good padding that gives me a better platform when shooting. It provides better tack on the stock of the rifle than just my bare hand, especially on hot days when the palms start getting sweaty.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top