JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have both the rcbs universal and an older lee. I have tried both and find that I will tend to grab the lee. I find it is more consistent in feel and as a result seating depth

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Well, a year later and I can finally report back.

Much to the surprise of Spitpatch, I actually wanted to buy the RCBS tool! But, as is my norm, I didn't get around to it until the day that I wanted to use the tool. Swung by Fisherman's and the only RCBS priming tool they had was the universal. Not only am I not keen on the word "universal", I 'bout crapped my pants when I saw they wanted $66 for the darn thing! I hemmed and hawed for a while and noted that they the Hornady version that uses shell holders for $40. I really didn't want to start out on a search for the the other RCBS and decided to try the Hornady.
The Hornady comes with 2 different primer trays. One for Hornady shell holders and one for RCBS shell holders. Couldn't see the difference, but used the tray for the RCBS holders since that's what I have.
I can now say that I was able to prime 400 30-06 cases with less hassle than using the press and the tubes associated with it. I could easily discern the difference between a loose primer pocket and a tight one. (some of my cases are now on their last loading!) The effort needed to seat even the tight ones was minimal and I had no issue knowing the primer was seated.
The one other thing I really like about using a hand primer, now that I have, is that it's so easy to swipe the index finger of my left had across the primer for reassurance that it is fully seated.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top