JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have both the rcbs universal and an older lee. I have tried both and find that I will tend to grab the lee. I find it is more consistent in feel and as a result seating depth

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Well, a year later and I can finally report back.

Much to the surprise of Spitpatch, I actually wanted to buy the RCBS tool! But, as is my norm, I didn't get around to it until the day that I wanted to use the tool. Swung by Fisherman's and the only RCBS priming tool they had was the universal. Not only am I not keen on the word "universal", I 'bout crapped my pants when I saw they wanted $66 for the darn thing! I hemmed and hawed for a while and noted that they the Hornady version that uses shell holders for $40. I really didn't want to start out on a search for the the other RCBS and decided to try the Hornady.
The Hornady comes with 2 different primer trays. One for Hornady shell holders and one for RCBS shell holders. Couldn't see the difference, but used the tray for the RCBS holders since that's what I have.
I can now say that I was able to prime 400 30-06 cases with less hassle than using the press and the tubes associated with it. I could easily discern the difference between a loose primer pocket and a tight one. (some of my cases are now on their last loading!) The effort needed to seat even the tight ones was minimal and I had no issue knowing the primer was seated.
The one other thing I really like about using a hand primer, now that I have, is that it's so easy to swipe the index finger of my left had across the primer for reassurance that it is fully seated.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top