JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What's so bad with russian primers? Are they good for a recreational shooter, such as myself?
Please allow to offer my input on Wolf (russian ) small pistol primers. I bought about 1,5000 back when the messiah was first elected. They're finally all gone. I wish the messiah was also.
They were for S&W .38 and Kahr, Glock and 1911 9mms.
I would have misfires, 1 in about every 100 from the striker fired pistols and never from firing pin types.
When I inspected the misfired round's I saw that the hits were light compared to fired primers. When I loaded them back into the gun they worked.

The problem was that the primer's side wall / skirts were too short so they weren't bottoming out in the primer pocket. With the first misfire, they were now driven further in and they fired the second time around
The firing pin guns had enough force to drive the primers forward to seat them

I use a Dillon 550 press that has it's own seating depth stop, so it couldn't push the Wolf primers in further than normal

I hope this helps, John

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads