Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

Which ASR brake would you recommend?

Baseacegoku

Reactions
While I am waiting for my first stamp to arrive I have been doing a lot of reading and I am curious which muzzle device do yall run for the SiCo ASR mount? Both for 556 and .30cal.

11Charlie

Reactions
OP
Baseacegoku

Baseacegoku

Reactions
https://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/muzzle-devices/compensators-amp-muzzle-brakes/ar-15-ar-308-asr-muzzle-brake-30-caliber-prod86395.aspx

This is the one that came with my suppressor and I love it. Just ordered two more for my AR-10 and a 300 blk build I am doing. On my AR's I have the flash hiders but I would have gone with the same one if I would have known better.

What suppressor do you have?
I bought an Omega 300 last summer during the BOGO sale and I am waiting for the stamp for that to come in. Plus I am waiting for my Octane 45 to arrive from SiCo so I can start the real wait on that one.

Mygrainman

Reactions
Depends on your application...

Steve @Cerberus Group just did a post concerning muzzle brakes and their ill effects, his facility and some gun ranges are banning brakes... and for good reason.
But if your running them with the can exclusively.... no worries.
Otherwise I’d stick with the Flash hider.. I have a few on my ars and they look and work great.

I wish they had more options for ASR muzzle devices...
They recently came out with these shorties...
DF362688-AD6B-4900-8DBF-9C168CB967A9.jpeg

Which I plan to get for my 300bo pistol so it will fit in my backpack better...

The best looking option is the Lantac Dragon
9F1C7018-59DE-4DF5-B3FB-80F20788CD84.jpeg

11Charlie

Reactions
Oh I have the one that came with it. But I also have more than one rifle.....
So your in the same boat I was in. I had really good luck with the one that came with it. Haven't tried the ones that @Mygrainman just posted up but they look good. I would say it comes down to cost for me as much as anything since I am always feeding this addiction called guns.:rolleyes::confused:

Reactions
Q Plan "B" adapter and a cherry bomb. Lightweight, better looking, and better alignment without the suppressor launch feature....

NEW CLASSIFIED ADS

LATEST REVIEWS

• Liberty Safes of Oregon
    5.00 star(s)
    I bugged these guys for a while as I was on the fence as to what safe to buy. There are so many...
    • trekkerpaul
  • Copeland Custom Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    Tim is fantastic! He does great work and does it in a timely manner! He reblued a Colt slide for...
    • hker71
  • Aloha Surplus
    4.00 star(s)
    Its always fun to check out the surplus stuff they have. Some is reasonably priced, some not so...
    • trekkerpaul
  • Copeland Custom Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    I recently sent in a project gun to Mr. Copeland to slick up an action and thread the barrel...
    • CountryGent
  • All That Glitters - Milwaukie
    5.00 star(s)
    Whenever I am in the area, I like to drop in to see what they have. Not a super big store, but...
    • trekkerpaul

Staff online