JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I bought a Ruger lever action in 17 and it has been a good all around gun. My Dad just bought a Henry Golden Boy in 17 and likes it alot. Haven't tried any others, but I have here that the Savage rifle with there Accu trigger is a good rifle also.

Apparently semi-autos are having problems. I got an inexpensive Bi-Mart Savage bolt rifle (blued, hvy bbl, synthetic stock) and it's a great sage rat rifle to 100+ yards. Added an inexpensive bipod, a Bushnell Banner 4-10x, cheap Weaver rings, and I put extra weight in the buttstock fwiw. Great truck rifle.

i have the marlin 917v and love it. accurate and after the super easy trigger mod (spring replacement from click-pen) very nice trigger.

savage also has nice product and accutrigger is awesome but i dont like the mags

i have the marlin 917v and love it. accurate and after the super easy trigger mod (spring replacement from click-pen) very nice trigger.

I too did the same purchase. Did the same mod to the trigger. I didn't like the feel of the accutrigger models as they felt cheap. (unless I went with a $300+ gun which left me little room on the HMR budget)

I have an H&R single shot and the trigger is way too heavy. I've read that his can be fixed but because you have to knock out pins to get to it, I haven't tried it yet. Hard to complain about a $120 rifle though and with some extra weight in the rear (BB's in the stock maybe) and a trigger fix it may be more accurate. As is it isn't much better at 100 yards than my favorite 22lr, they are both consistent sub two moa shooters from bench rest.

Bimart has the Savage bolt stainless in this weeks flyer.

I have a savage and i love it. Super accurate, reliable. And i am working on some high capacity magazines for it.

I have the Savage W/accu trigger & love it, never had a problem with it at all. The accuracy is EXCELLENT right out of the box.
The only complaint I may have is the mags & the way they fit. TonsOfOregonBrass if you do come up with a hi capacity mag I sure would be interested in it, please keep posting on your progress...... :s0155:

So far I've owned a Ruger 77/17, Savage, and marlin 17v. The one I would buy again would be the marlin. The ruger was not accuate enough. The savage felt cheap and was slightly more accurate then the ruger. While the Marlin also felt cheap, it was cheap to buy, but it was a tack driver.

Unless you have $$$ then I'd go Cooper Jackson Squirrel Rifle. I have one of those in 22lr and would love to have its twin in 17hmr

I had a Ruger 77 and it was great. Felt like a real gun instead a cheap 22. Holds 9 rounds in a flush fitting mag, but it was a lot more expensive and my friend's Marlin was just as accurate.

yeah there is no question that the ruger is the best of the 3 fit and finish wise. But mine costed 2.5 to 3 times what my marlin 17v did. And couldn't shoot as good.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top