Where's the Mossberg folk?

Reactions
I've had a 590 since '94, and can't see exchanging it for anything else. It mostly gets shot in 3-gun matches, but I've shot some trap with it, and even around of skeet! Excellent quality, and a lot of the features that have to be added to other guns to bring them to the same standard. As a lefty, the tang safety is welcome improvement over the crossbolt safety design seen in most of the competition.

Reactions
The 590 is on my wish list. One day... one day...
Well, JumpWing, I got my 590 Marine model at Kieth's Guns in Gresham, OR. He had good selections there.:s0155: Good price back then. Under $500. It's got the heavy bbl and receiver, speedfeed stock, ghost-ring sights, swivels, and bayonet lug (it takes the M7 bayonet...yeah, I've got that, too).

Reactions
Am I a Mossberg dude if I own a 500 and an 870?

My 500 gets more use because it is so light and it is so easy to change barrels.

I also think the safety on the 500 is where God intended the safety on a long gun to be.
Dead on with the safety, plus my other love is where the slide release is located, 870 is forward of the trigger guard and IMO not as easy to manipulate.

Reactions
Oldest thread revival I've ever seen... Had to contribute. I've got a electro less nickel 20" 590 and a 930 SPX. Had a 500 ATP, but it got traded for tattoo work after I stole the beautiful wood off of it and transplanted it onto my 590. That electroless finish looks tits with the wood furniture.

Reactions
My first gun was a maverick 88, followed shortly after by 500 persuader. My brother owns the 88 now, I have the 500 with a top folding ati stock with shell holder. It's been a great gun, 1000's of rds later still looks and shoots like new.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Free Firearms Safety Course Webinar (I-1639 Compliant)
Virtual Webinar (Zoom). Registration Link in the course description.
Washington, USA
Rimfire Challenge Feb 13th @ DRRC
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Project Appleseed
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Paul A Martin Historical Guns
    5.00 star(s)
    Great shop, selection and atmosphere
    One of the better firearm shop experiences I’ve had, Paul is very patient and helpful. Definitely going to be a repeat customer even though it’s...
  • Adaptive Firing Solutions
    5.00 star(s)
    Great Service! A+
    Steve is a very nice guy and very easy to work with. I've done business with him a few times and will continue to.
    5.00 star(s)
    Great guy!
    Steve is a great guy to deal with!
  • HighLine Firearms
    5.00 star(s)
    Nice Home Shop
    Had what I wanted at a good price. Messaged me when in stock.
    5.00 star(s)
    Excellent Service
    Steve is an excellent guy to deal with. After looking at some Form 4 items at another dealer who didnt seem interested in my money, i emailed...
Top Bottom