Buster Beaver Cerakote
Sporting Systems
Advertise on Northwest Firearms
J&B Firearm Sales
Oregon Arms & Ammunition

Where's the Mossberg folk?

Reactions
I know you're out there.......

I like my Mossberg 500A, with Knoxx Spec-Ops stock and a sidesaddle. It's great that way.

Joe Link

Reactions
  • Fight For Your Right
  • Entomologist
  • Three Bags of Trash
  • Meet & Greet
  • National Rifle Association
  • Second Amendment Foundation
When I was 14 my cousin had a 500 with dual pistol grips, a barrel shroud, and a side saddle. I thought that was the coolest gun ever.

Reactions
I've had a 590 since '94, and can't see exchanging it for anything else. It mostly gets shot in 3-gun matches, but I've shot some trap with it, and even around of skeet! Excellent quality, and a lot of the features that have to be added to other guns to bring them to the same standard. As a lefty, the tang safety is welcome improvement over the crossbolt safety design seen in most of the competition.

Reactions
The 590 is on my wish list. One day... one day...
Well, JumpWing, I got my 590 Marine model at Kieth's Guns in Gresham, OR. He had good selections there.:s0155: Good price back then. Under $500. It's got the heavy bbl and receiver, speedfeed stock, ghost-ring sights, swivels, and bayonet lug (it takes the M7 bayonet...yeah, I've got that, too).

Reactions
Am I a Mossberg dude if I own a 500 and an 870?

My 500 gets more use because it is so light and it is so easy to change barrels.

I also think the safety on the 500 is where God intended the safety on a long gun to be.
Dead on with the safety, plus my other love is where the slide release is located, 870 is forward of the trigger guard and IMO not as easy to manipulate.

Reactions
Oldest thread revival I've ever seen... Had to contribute. I've got a electro less nickel 20" 590 and a 930 SPX. Had a 500 ATP, but it got traded for tattoo work after I stole the beautiful wood off of it and transplanted it onto my 590. That electroless finish looks tits with the wood furniture.

Reactions
My first gun was a maverick 88, followed shortly after by 500 persuader. My brother owns the 88 now, I have the 500 with a top folding ati stock with shell holder. It's been a great gun, 1000's of rds later still looks and shoots like new.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Cerberus Training Group - Run the Gun - Pistol April 4th
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA
Cerberus Training Group - Run the Gun - Rifle April 5th
Cerberus Training Group
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Cerberus Training Group - Skill Builder - April 25-26th
Cerberus Training Group

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Adaptive Firing Solutions
    5.00 star(s)
    Steve is great. Easy to deal with, super low prices on his transfers.
    • DizzyJ
  • Adaptive Firing Solutions
    5.00 star(s)
    Had my first transaction with Steve and will be recommending him to anyone in my circle. Good guy with a really helpful attitude and goes the...
    • SonnyJim
  • Supporting Vendor Oregon Arms & Ammunition
    5.00 star(s)
    This is the closest gun close to my house and they have always been super nice. I have bought two guns off them and sold one of mine to them.
    • storminnorm44
  • Supporting Vendor Oregon Arms & Ammunition
    5.00 star(s)
    Went in to pick up some parts for an AR style 10/22 and to start my journey into building an AR by picking up a lower. Staff was super helpful and...
    • Hueco
  • Tri-County Gun Club
    5.00 star(s)
    I've been a member for 6 years, been shooting there (as a guest) for three years before that. I found the Ladies League and was hooked. It's the...
    • PacwestDefense

SUPPORT NORTHWEST FIREARMS