JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Am I a Mossberg dude if I own a 500 and an 870?

My 500 gets more use because it is so light and it is so easy to change barrels.

I also think the safety on the 500 is where God intended the safety on a long gun to be.

When I was 14 my cousin had a 500 with dual pistol grips, a barrel shroud, and a side saddle. I thought that was the coolest gun ever.

I've had a 590 since '94, and can't see exchanging it for anything else. It mostly gets shot in 3-gun matches, but I've shot some trap with it, and even around of skeet! Excellent quality, and a lot of the features that have to be added to other guns to bring them to the same standard. As a lefty, the tang safety is welcome improvement over the crossbolt safety design seen in most of the competition.

dude, if its mossberg, its gotta be classic!

DSC04941.jpg

The 590 is on my wish list. One day... one day...

Well, JumpWing, I got my 590 Marine model at Kieth's Guns in Gresham, OR. He had good selections there.:s0155: Good price back then. Under $500. It's got the heavy bbl and receiver, speedfeed stock, ghost-ring sights, swivels, and bayonet lug (it takes the M7 bayonet...yeah, I've got that, too).

Am I a Mossberg dude if I own a 500 and an 870?

My 500 gets more use because it is so light and it is so easy to change barrels.

I also think the safety on the 500 is where God intended the safety on a long gun to be.

Dead on with the safety, plus my other love is where the slide release is located, 870 is forward of the trigger guard and IMO not as easy to manipulate.

Oldest thread revival I've ever seen... Had to contribute. I've got a electro less nickel 20" 590 and a 930 SPX. Had a 500 ATP, but it got traded for tattoo work after I stole the beautiful wood off of it and transplanted it onto my 590. That electroless finish looks tits with the wood furniture.

My first gun was a maverick 88, followed shortly after by 500 persuader. My brother owns the 88 now, I have the 500 with a top folding ati stock with shell holder. It's been a great gun, 1000's of rds later still looks and shoots like new.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top