JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Depends on which way it's rounded. Most of the time I round down, but everyone has to decide what's best! Heck, I'm old enough that I can't remember what I had for breakfast and I was born in the 80's.

Yeah. I graduated High School , went to college, was married and divorced and spent 4+ years in the Army in the 80's

@JackFrost

Unfortunately tac has left NWFA.
I enjoyed his postings and miss seeing him here.

His leaving was a case of many repeated less than excellent comments made to him regarding his postings.

As a reminder to all here....
Please post within forum rules....
Attack the position taken...not the forum member...
Don't "read into " other forum member's postings...
Ask clarifying questions , if you are unsure about a posting...
Don't assume things....
Andy

@JackFrost

Unfortunately tac has left NWFA.
I enjoyed his postings and miss seeing him here.

His leaving was a case of many repeated less than excellent comments made to him regarding his postings.

As a reminder to all here....
Please post within forum rules....
Attack the position taken...not the forum member...
Don't "read into " other forum member's postings...
Ask clarifying questions , if you are :(:( about a posting...
Don't assume things....
Andy
That's sad. I really enjoyed his posts.

I'm not on any of the "most of" anything lists, but I've been here since January 2009.
I remember meeting someone that owned or ran the site at a gun show at the Expo center.
He gave me his business card. Wonder if I still have it.
Sure do miss those gun shows. 🙁

I was working nights as a project supervisor in the fall of 08 and one night made a craigslist posting asking if anybody knew where to buy "guns", of course it got flagged and removed but before it did somebody emailed me the link to outdoorstrader which I used extensively and one of the deals I did with a guy (I bought a Cobray m11) and he was talking about NWF.
Looks like my join date was 3/10 I swear it was in 09 sometime.... I did a couple of deals with pink hammer, sweet beard, gi Joe, used to chat with trlssmn who was on all the time. Miss the old days!
Buddy told me about selling a gun on Craigs. He described an item in the headline that was not a firearm, but posted a picture of a shotgun for $200.
He sold it, the guy called and said, "I assume you are selling a shotgun?"

Comedy :D

This was back when you did not have to go through an ffl.

Last Edited:
The forums back in the day seemed less political and they feel much more aggressive now. I still check in on the site every now and then but not nearly as much as years ago.
I almost deleted my account largely in part due to the politics and quite frankly what seemed like a deluge of bigoted comments. I'm no snowflake, but there have been some horribly derogatory comments made towards those who fall outside the stereotype of you typical American gun owner. I don't care about your race, religion, who your banging, how you dress or or your politics (except for 2A issues). If a person supports the 2nd amendment I fully support them being here. Unfortunately the environment here seems slightly less than welcoming to some.

Here since 09, I was inactive for a few years but for the last 5-6 I've been very active.

We've also had a few guys pass away, which sucks. But that's life.
I have noticed there are a few guys on here that I've done business with that were incredibly active basically just stop all activity on the forum. Again, life happens and certain things aren't a priority with different time constraints.

I almost deleted my account largely in part due to the politics and quite frankly what seemed like a deluge of bigoted comments. I'm no snowflake, but there have been some horribly derogatory comments made towards those who fall outside the stereotype of you typical American gun owner. I don't care about your race, religion, who your banging, how you dress or or your politics (except for 2A issues). If a person supports the 2nd amendment I fully support them being here. Unfortunately the environment here seems slightly less than welcoming to some.
I have noticed the same obnoxiousness. Being active on other forums, I can say tribalism exists in all forms and it's not really that different from here.
I last exchanged emails with Tac about a month ago. He and the missus are doing well, I'm glad to hear. I miss his wisdom.
Seems Reno left also. A good guy, I miss his presence too.

Hmm.

I arrived here in November of 2008. As anyone can detect from my post count, I subscribe to the read more, post less concept.

I took a hiatus for a couple of years when some vociferously anti-LE members were out of control and the moderators did absolutely zero to check them.

Came back, post from time to time in threads that have some interest for me. Now that I am retired/retired, my blood pressure doesn't rise as the a$$h0le quotient in any particular threads manifests itself ...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top