JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I feel that you guys, the original members of this site, are the ones that set the, "Flavor" for lack of a better term. I thought it was such a friendly, helpful group. I'd just started playing with guns after my father gave me his, mostly old, beatup milsurps. I'd been spending my time at ifish. Salmon steelhead fishermen aren't known to be the most giving/sharing group.

@joelink needs to come into this one and give us so e specifics? I'm not sure my ping worked. On Wifey's tablet. Awkward.

Wow, this is making me nostalgic! Our official launch date was August 5th, 2008 -- seems like a lifetime ago!

We've been incredibly fortunate to have such a great group of people come together here. I see quite a few members from the first few years still visiting regularly, never fails to make me smile :)

Here's to the next 14 years :s0090:

Yup been here a minute. Sure have been some good members gone for a long time but not forgotten.

SalmonriverJohn
SgtNanbu

and many more.

Well, I guess I'm an "Old Timer" too......26 JAN 2009.

I miss Randy. Did anybody else get one of these bottle openers from him? I need to polish it back up. You guys are making me feel all nostalgic for the old days......:oops:

bottle opener.jpg

I've been here a while and miss Pink too, did a few deals with him as well. Really miss the days of parking lot meet ups for trades and buying/selling, I dont do near as much as I used to. The chat room wasnt my thing but popped in once in a while when it was actually active usually late late. Maybe one of these days there will be another get together just not anywhere near downtown Peeland.

WOW! I'd completely forgotten "live chat"! Boy, that was a while ago. I do remember sometimes the chat was fragmented with several "story lines" at the same time, which made following along challenging sometimes. Guess that was part of the fun. :)
I remember Randy. Never did business with him, but communicated a few times. It was a sad day when I learned of his passing. We've lost a few other good members that I can remember, including one by suicide. It's kinda gut wrenching to know we were part of the support group for someone that needed help. Not that we could have done more, but it makes ya wonder.
I've been around since Jan 20, 09, which was exactly one year before a little kid came into this world, forever to change my life. That would be my grandson, who is now my dirtbike riding and shooting buddy.
This past year has been so busy that I've not been around nearly as much as I was all of the other years, but this is one of the very few forums I'm part of and the only one I've been consistent in participating. Now that drag racing is done for the year and the weather's not as nice, I'll be around more. Guns are cool, M-kay?

@Joe Link did all of us gun owners a huge favor when he started this site. Thanks, Joe!

WOW! I'd completely forgotten "live chat"! Boy, that was a while ago. I do remember sometimes the chat was fragmented with several "story lines" at the same time, which made following along challenging sometimes. Guess that was part of the fun. :)
I remember Randy. Never did business with him, but communicated a few times. It was a sad day when I learned of his passing. We've lost a few other good members that I can remember, including one by suicide. It's kinda gut wrenching to know we were part of the support group for someone that needed help. Not that we could have done more, but it makes ya wonder.
I've been around since Jan 20, 09, which was exactly one year before a little kid came into this world, forever to change my life. That would be my grandson, who is now my dirtbike riding and shooting buddy.
This past year has been so busy that I've not been around nearly as much as I was all of the other years, but this is one of the very few forums I'm part of and the only one I've been consistent in participating. Now that drag racing is done for the year and the weather's not as nice, I'll be around more. Guns are cool, M-kay?

@Joe Link did all of us gun owners a huge favor when he started this site. Thanks, Joe!
G-dang man! You nail it. You feel the caring here. If you'll let people in here, and don't be a turd. That's a big deal. I know plenty here that I feel would give much more than the time of day if I needed it.

Funny thing on that exact topic, one member here and his wife. I had done biz with the guy before a few times, had some good convo's. At the ARPC show, not particularly looking for anything for myself but brought a few C-notes. Well, I saw this gun that was on a kinda-wanted-at-some-point list. Well, really wanted list after I'd inspected closely. Didn't want to pay full price, but I was $300.00 short of what I was going to offer. So this member/friend and spouse had a table a little ways down. I went down and started a spiel about this gun, and before I'd finished, Dude had three C-notes in my face! The guy wouldn't come down where I was. So I went back and borrowed another C-note! That's the kind of people that hang here!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top