JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Man, dbag extroidinar that ran off @tac hasn't even been here in 6mo.
tac got POed because of people cutting on "Great Brittan", "England", etc for their laws and attitudes. Royalty and who knows what else.

Myself? I feel a kinship with many people here. I'm not one to get pissy and but hurt so bad that I'd leave the forum completely. There are too many good people here to give it up for something so petty as words when I can just scroll right on by.

Something else, these are terribly trying times. Massive inflation. The lock downs, people's investments, first disappearing, then when they do recover, prices soaring to the point of people wondering if their money will last. Crime has been allowed to run rampant with no punishment. It's bubblegumty times for a lot of people these last three years. And those in power seem dead set on destroying what's left of our free country. Damn right people are testy!

Last Edited:
tac got POed because of people cutting on "Great Brittan", "England", etc for their laws and attitudes. Royalty and and who knows what else.

Myself? I feel a kinship with many people here. I'm not one to get pissy and but hurt so bad that I'd leave the forum completely. There are too many good people here to give it up for something so petty as words when I can just scroll right on by.
I saw that too, but I didn't see anything that was overly bad, maybe it got deleted. I mean I get that it's not as bad as many of us, myself included, think that it is. The reality is that the laws are still absolutely terrible.

I saw that too, but I didn't see anything that was overly bad, maybe it got deleted. I mean I get that it's not as bad as many of us, myself included, think that it is. The reality is that the laws are still absolutely terrible.
Them Brits get real sensitive when people make cracks about their royalty. Or that they are ruled by monarchy. And now? It seems people across the pond are getting thrown in jail for "Words"? Memes?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YT0dWm0i1cI

Still here after eleven years... old, yes....

20190120_133902.jpg

Them Brits get real sensitive when people make cracks about their royalty. Or that they are ruled by monarchy. And now? It seems people across the pond are getting thrown in jail for "Words"? Memes?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YT0dWm0i1cI
Yeah, I don't understand it. If someone told me in a negative manner that our politicians are terrible, I'd respond with a "yup".

tac got POed because of people cutting on "Great Brittan", "England", etc for their laws and attitudes. Royalty and who knows what else.

Something else, these are terribly trying times. Massive inflation. The lock downs, people's investments, first disappearing, then when they do recover, prices soaring to the point of people wondering if their money will last. Crime has been allowed to run rampant with no punishment. It's bubblegumty times for a lot of people these last three years. And those in power seem dead set on destroying what's left of our free country. Damn right people are testy!
I found him rather engaging at first, but it seemed to me that he got a little snooty as time went on. Or maybe I just started noticing. Nothing all that bad though.

Been here since February 20th 2009. Met Joe at a gun show in Dec 08. Been here since the day I met him. Joined a couple months later. Man how time flies

Found this place in 2012 looking for different online organizations and forums that shared info about local to me pro-2A political activism that wasn't filled with self righteous a-holes.

:s0093:

AND while they may have been 'cutting' on GB, Eng etc for their 'laws and attitudes' most of it was opinions and observations, and nothing derogatory or accusatory.
but it seemed to me that he got a little snooty as time went on.
Me too, and there were a few times when he would, in a 'roundabout' manner, mentioned things about GBs gun laws that were possibly why they had so few shootings - and sometimes with an obvious, accusatory 'inference' about OUR gun laws.

Last Edited:
You can find a few at the Notable Members link.
Huh. Here is another, "Who Knew?" for me. Interesting stuff. Yet I don't see a category for, "Longest, Book-Like Posts." I might've been a candidate for that, along with Old Lady Cate.

Life changes made me less active and only check in from time to time
Yeah, this happens. Lately, I've gotten in trouble with the gun range where I'm a Life Member. Awarded to me for board of directors service for three years, not purchased. About 17 years ago. So I've been a member for 20 years. Now the current regime is bent out of shape because there are many old timer Life Members who aren't active enough. In their opinion. Well, they found out that some of them are dead. I informed them that several have moved out of state, so it would be unreasonable to harass them about non-participation. It's one of those, "What have you done for us lately" things. You might've saved lives in the past, nobody cares now.

The current regime is also bent out of shape because the current nature of the club isn't "social enough." Well, it's a gun range, that's want most people are interested in. Not so much barbeques that the club management likes to think are the central focus. All they have to do is look at Elks and Eagles clubs, and also the Masons to figure out what happened to actual social interaction.

Huh. Here is another, "Who Knew?" for me. Interesting stuff. Yet I don't see a category for, "Longest, Book-Like Posts." I might've been a candidate for that, along with Old Lady Cate.

Yeah, this happens. Lately, I've gotten in trouble with the gun range where I'm a Life Member. Awarded to me for board of directors service for three years, not purchased. About 17 years ago. So I've been a member for 20 years. Now the current regime is bent out of shape because there are many old timer Life Members who aren't active enough. In their opinion. Well, they found out that some of them are dead. I informed them that several have moved out of state, so it would be unreasonable to harass them about non-participation. It's one of those, "What have you done for us lately" things. You might've saved lives in the past, nobody cares now.

The current regime is also bent out of shape because the current nature of the club isn't "social enough." Well, it's a gun range, that's want most people are interested in. Not so much barbeques that the club management likes to think are the central focus. All they have to do is look at Elks and Eagles clubs, and also the Masons to figure out what happened to actual social interaction.
It's the young people. I don't know what's gotten into them. I saw an email for a "game night" at the range a few months ago. I'm just trying to picture what kind of guns they shoot. :rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews