JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Joined Apr., 2009...

I go back far enough, I remember the chat section.

I got sucked in one night, got my arse handed to me by some punks who didn't think I belonged on their chat, as I shot the wrong brand of rifle. I learned quickly a live chat forum on a gun blog is no better than a CB radio.

Last Edited:
The fun one for me is Gunboards...I signed up in the early 2000s...at some point there was a board crash and when it came back up everyone that was a member had a join date of Jan 1969. 20 years later it still shows that...been a member since before I was born 😂
Your handle the same on Gunboards? That's a great site for the collector of all things old. It's not as "Social" as here, but there is a massive amount of information stored up in those guys, coming from other countries even. It boggles the mind.

Your handle the same on Gunboards? That's a great site for the collector of all things old. It's not as "Social" as here, but there is a massive amount of information stored up in those guys, coming from other countries even. It boggles the mind.
Yes...same handle on every board

Hey....FINALLY got that scope mounted...worked out great...50yds with Fed automatch 😎

IMG_9852.jpeg IMG_9854.jpeg

Yet I don't see a category for, "Longest, Book-Like Posts." I might've been a candidate for that, along with Old Lady Cate.
She was nothing compared to some on another gun forum I am a long term member of, longer than NWFA.

This particular forum has a 'religious discussion' category and it has a lot of hardcore zealots on it.

The standard practice is for them to cut and paste a lengthy verse, passage, etc from the bible then attempt to explain and analyze it in a manner that is often longer than what they copied.

I have counted up to 7 pages from one person. I am not a religious person but I have looked at it occasionally just to see what they are attempting to do. Heck I can't imagine even a highly religious devotee wanting to read it all, but maybe they do.

The funny part is they quote and debate each other as to the particular 'interpretations' of what they post, and that only lengthens the threads.

She was nothing compared to some on another gun forum I am a long term member of, longer than NWFA.

This particular forum has a 'religious discussion' category and it has a lot of hardcore zealots on it.

The standard practice is for them to cut and paste a lengthy verse, passage, etc from the bible then attempt to explain and analyze it in a manner that is often longer than what they copied.

I have counted up to 7 pages from one person. I am not a religious person but I have looked at it occasionally just to see what they are attempting to do. Heck I can't imagine even a highly religious devotee wanting to read it all, but maybe they do.

The funny part is they quote and debate each other as to the particular 'interpretations' of what they post, and that only lengthens the threads.
If your explanation is always longer than the passage you're quoting, you're not defending a viewpoint, you're creating your own religion.

The funny part is they quote and debate each other as to the particular 'interpretations' of what they post, and that only lengthens the threads

In my posts, I use nearly all original material of my own. Aside from internal links to connect my thoughts to previous posts. I might intersperse an external link or a short quotation. Using other people's stuff is just a regurgitation; I prefer to make a fool of myself on my own.

Religion is something I will leave completely alone as a topic of discussion. I am what might be called a private believer. Some religious believers hold that it is their bounden duty to spread the word. I am not of that belief. But I'm not against anyone else who wants to discuss the matter. Just don't drag me into it.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top