JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If you can't find ammo, reload. Black powder is still readily available and has been making guns go bang for about 8-900 years now. In fact I just ordered enough supplies to load 200 12 gauge shotshells with 00 buck for less than $.75 a round shipping included with the black powder I already have. It couldn't be simpler, pour a 1 dram dipper of black powder in a primed hull, compress the powder, put in nitro card and wad, add shot and put in overshot card. A little waterglass and you are done. In a short range weapon like a shotgun it doesn't really matter whether it goes 1\2 a mile, you are only interested in about 75-100 feet at most in a defense situation. Black powder gets the job done. There are other options out there than the latest and greatest, if you want to kill something bad enough a big rock has been a deadly killer for about 30,000 years and it doesn't cost anything. Just don't tell anyone.

if you want to kill something bad enough a big rock has been a deadly killer for about 30,000 years and it doesn't cost anything. Just don't tell anyone.

If we can make rocks seem like a big deal and start calling them "tactical" the ATF might flip their bubblegum and start mass confiscating all the rocks. That would keep them busy for awhile.

stone_ax_flat.jpg
Check out my new weapon. There are extra deadly and evil versions known as "assault rocks." They're the most scary, because they're painted black.

If we can make rocks seem like a big deal and start calling them "tactical" the ATF might flip their bubblegum and start mass confiscating all the rocks. That would keep them busy for awhile.

stone_ax_flat.jpg
Check out my new weapon. There are extra deadly and evil versions known as "assault rocks." They're the most scary, because they're painted black.

I hate to tell you, but I think the scammer that sold you that tactical rock ripped you off, because that's sure as heck not a black rock. And I didn't see the rail attachment on it.

My local gun shop is starting get all the common calibers back in stock, whew.
I was beginning to think I'd have to ration my range time.

Just bought .223, 45 auto and some OO Buck for the ol shotty. 22LR is coming in a case at a time, it's selling out before I get there but it IS coming back in thankfully.

They had plenty of .40, 9mm and .308 in stock too. Nice to see the end this ammo draught is finally getting some rain.

spiritually prepared to accept the flood of goodies coming from all the greedy people that couldn't make the money they thought and are forced to dump it all before it goes down too much further and get screwed holding the bag. my palms are facing the sky, I am ready. think ammo, ammo, ammo.

spiritually prepared to accept the flood of goodies coming from all the greedy people that couldn't make the money they thought and are forced to dump it all before it goes down too much further and get screwed holding the bag. my palms are facing the sky, I am ready. think ammo, ammo, ammo.

and all those ar-15's people were stupid enough to pay $1,200+ when in reality, they were $700 - $900 rifles!

AR prices are falling. Picked up a new condition Bushy A2 hbar last week for 750.

I'll just be glad when the 22LR production gets caught up. Seems like a silly round for people to be hording by the tens of thousands.

Whatta they gonna do, live off pigeons and seagulls for the next 20 years?

AR prices are falling. Picked up a new condition Bushy A2 hbar last week for 750.

I'll just be glad when the 22LR production gets caught up. Seems like a silly round for people to be hording by the tens of thousands.

My opinion is 22LR is hard to get because at the beginning of all of this there was much discussion of limiting the amount of ammunition one could purchase, and/or requiring ID to do so. I think the fear was people would no longer be able to buy bulk packs (500) of 22LR anymore, or would be harder to do so. People began snatching it up and once it was gone then people moved onto the smaller more expensive pack of 22LR because they just wanted/needed some.

Either that or people just went full stupid and bought whatever they could get their hands on because the Gubment was going to take it away!!!

Not sure why you say that. If I had to choose only one gun it would be a .22.

It is light weight, easy to store lots, quiet compared to most centerfire rounds, easy to train with, it is inexpensive, it is capable of taking up to medium size game.

What exactly is there not to like about it?

It is light weight, easy to store lots, quiet compared to most centerfire rounds, easy to train with, it is inexpensive, it is capable of taking up to medium size game.

It's little, not nearly as manly as a .45 or 338 LM. That what real men use! (this is said with a heavy does of sarcasm, so don't go getting you panties in a bunch anyone :D)

stone_ax_flat.jpg

I saw a smaller version of that on ebay. It was black and they were describing it as an "Assault Rock, 15 mm.

Medium size game? Like putting down an old dog? Only a moron would think shooting something bigger than a jackrabbit with a .22 will actually kill it humanely. Which if you've done so, you know that jackrabbits usually don't perish humanely after being shot by a .22. More often than not, the shooter fails to make the proper "head" shot on decent size game which leaves game to waste. One shot= clean kill....

Medium size game? Like putting down an old dog? Only a moron would think shooting something bigger than a jackrabbit with a .22 will actually kill it humanely. Which if you've done so, you know that jackrabbits usually don't perish humanely after being shot by a .22. More often than not, the shooter fails to make the proper "head" shot on decent size game which leaves game to waste. One shot= clean kill....

Humanely and survival/prep/hoarding for SHTF do not belong in the same sentence. LOTS of medium game like deer have been killed over the years with .22. I am not advocating going out under normal hunting season in normal times using a .22. Humans have been killing animals for all of history with rocks and sticks but your right a .22 is a bad idea.

Also more then one person can attest that the .22 killed them just fine. But I guess there really has not been that much fighting over the years in Israeli they would have any use for .22's israeli .22 sniper - Google Search

I just bought my first pistol after getting my rights restored. Too bad this all came at the WORST possible time. I cleaned the factory grease off and haven't been able find any 9mm. I'd be happy to pay someone for some, but I'm not gonna pay the outrageous costs they're asking for. The only people buying at those prices are the ones that are hoarding it for "impending Armageddon". My dad has a cache of almost 10k .22 because he thinks we're about to have an Armageddon and .22 will be used as currency....

I agree ammo will be the new currency but we need to set a fair exchange rate now before society breaks down and armageddon hits:

So this is what I think (per round):
22 = 50 cents
380= 40 cents
9mm/38 = $1.00
30 Carbine $2.00
5.56 = $4.00
7.62x39 $5.00

Based on those rates and my suppy I'm a millionaire!:s0114:

Wait a second..... I made a mistake... those are actually todays rates!!

:s0039:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads