JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I just bought my first pistol after getting my rights restored. Too bad this all came at the WORST possible time. I cleaned the factory grease off and haven't been able find any 9mm. I'd be happy to pay someone for some, but I'm not gonna pay the outrageous costs they're asking for. The only people buying at those prices are the ones that are hoarding it for "impending Armageddon". My dad has a cache of almost 10k .22 because he thinks we're about to have an Armageddon and .22 will be used as currency....

Nw armory always have 9mm. Ball ammo is a little high 15 bucks for 50rd

In the early part of December I bought those same 9mm ammo for $10/50rd pack at NW Armory. Now it's $15, I only bought two just to test it out, never heard of the company and I wasn't going to go all out not knowing how they would perform. Went to the range and all 100 went bang. Then life got in the way so I haven't had a chance to go buy some more after that, then the panic buying started, it was all over.

In the early part of December I bought those same 9mm ammo for $10/50rd pack at NW Armory. Now it's $15, I only bought two just to test it out, never heard of the company and I wasn't going to go all out not knowing how they would perform. Went to the range and all 100 went bang. Then life got in the way so I haven't had a chance to go buy some more after that, then the panic buying started, it was all over.

Bet it was those little red and green boxes right, I bought some and all of it is now 15, kinda mad the raised the price. I know that dicks sporting goods did not raise there price (I also know that dicks is a dirty word in the firearms community for them pulling their ar's but I am going to buy what I need at the cheapest price) on there ammo, 8.99 for 223 and 9.99 for 9mm, so I will buy it if its available.

DHS, has in addition to the above mentioned retrofitting of about 2,500 military vehicles for extra mine protection and more, also purchased roughly 7,000 ARs. Then also this past week, Eric Holder and Obama have decreed that it is legal to aggressively use drones against targets within the USA.

DHS, has in addition to the above mentioned retrofitting of about 2,500 military vehicles for extra mine protection and more, also purchased roughly 7,000 ARs. Then also this past week, Eric Holder and Obama have decreed that it is legal to aggressively use drones against targets within the USA.

For extreme issuance only, not saying I trust Obama or holder, but its a tool, use it. Wonder when the police went from horses to patrol cars everyone thought it was a conspiracy?

For extreme issuance only, not saying I trust Obama or holder, but its a tool, use it. Wonder when the police went from horses to patrol cars everyone thought it was a conspiracy?

Back then, the American people had a higher level of trust and respect for the USG so my guess is probably no they didn't take it as a conspiracy. Besides, people (civilians) back then were also transitioning into cars unlike today when government has the drones and far more powerful weapons than the private citizens who weren't being attacked for being gun owners.

Well we all are starting to look like weirdos for thinking everything is a conspiracy. So we all should wear tin foil hats too. DH is 8 different units. Don't think we need to worry about all we do, let's fight the gun grabbers and leave the conspiracy theories to Clyde Lewis. His show is awesome btw!

Well we all are starting to look like weirdos for thinking everything is a conspiracy.

I don't define these movements as conspiracy. I define it as typical behaviors in the modern era with the USG moving to socially re-engineer American society and itself. The USG, IMO, is seeking to create a fascist type police-nanny state. I see the USG working for the most part in partnership with the key cultural institutions in America to create such a society. Today's American government is not the one that existed in 1825.

Learn from this. It keeps happening and it will continue to happen. After prices come down some and availability increases, Buy a few extra boxes whenever you can. It will add up over time.

Try hanging out in a 24 hr Walmart when they bring out the freight at night (about 11pm here) I picked up 2 100rd value packs of FMJ 45acp and a 333 rd pack of 22lr (all Winchester)a couple of nights ago. The previous time I tried it they were unloading 9mm and 40 but not much of anything.

Probably because they can get them really cheap. I saw about a bazillion of them in AFG.

Actually I believe they are new purchases, not left overs from Iraq or Afghanistan. As I recall when the FBI felt it needed armoured vehicles at the Waco fiasco they borrowed some M-3 Bradleys from the Army or the National Guard. We have massive run away spending. I believe in preparedness, however our military budget is being gutted, but we have money to spend to buy new vehicles to protect Homeland Security from the occassional IED in the continental United States. Purchase thousands of ARs for DHS, while the military's small arms are wearing out. The Navy has stopped the midlife refit of one of our aircraft carriers. They refuse to take meaningful steps to protect the border. The whole thing is just backwards. Its hard not to get the feeling that our Govt fears us more than our real enemies.

I walked into my local walmart the other day and saw 420 rnd ammo cans of 5.56 Federal on stripper clips! After seeing empty shelves for the last month + I just had to grab one (of the three) they had in stock... I bet they were out 2 hrs later!

ammo isn't hard to find, if you're willing to buy a pistol, rifle, shotgun, or whatever that uses an uncommon, or regionally unpopular caliber. due to the shortage on the commonly popular calibers, i've bought a 10mm pistol and a 357 sig barrel for my glock g27. 357 sig and 10mm ammo is incredibly easy to find. they're priced much lower than the rest of the stuff.

Walked into a Walmart and 3 Bimarts in Oregon today, Wow, their shelves are bare, the only shotgun ammo I saw were birdshots and your standard bolt gun ammunition. Reloading supplies at Bimart are non existant, I did get a couple of shell holders though (.223 and 9mm) I am still on the hunt for that elusive 9mm carbide dies and pistol powder.
I did run across and helped this older lady who was going to a weapons class tomorrow, her first (she had to in her late 50's) She was in the store to purchase ear muffs and shooting glasses, I advised her to both wear ear plugs and ear muffs, especially if she has to shoot in an indoor range.
Another gentleman came in there to with the intent of purchasing ammunition, he was visibly irate that there was no ammo to be had and was so vocal about it too, he thanked "Obama" and said "There is a war coming" At his present state there was no point in giving him any suggestions where he can find and buy ammunition (NWFA Classifieds).

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top