JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I tried to order some 45-70 Gov ammo this morning, but I could not find any on-line retailer that has any 45-70 ammo in stock. Does anyone have any suggestions where to find factory loaded 45-70 ammo in stock?

Cheers from Rainy Seattle,

Dan

I checked Sportsman, MidwayUSA and many other vendors, but they are all "Out of Stock". I did activate alert, so if they get anything in stock they should notify me.

I found HSM Cowboy Action (405 Grain) in stock at Outdoor Emporium in Seattle, but the maximum number is 40 cartridges. I purchased 40 and will go tomorrow to purchase some more (of course if they still have some left by tomorrow).

You don't often heat about shortages of multi dollar/round cartridges. I can tell you right now the .50bmg market hasn't changed much, if at all

I tried to order some 45-70 Gov ammo this morning, but I could not find any on-line retailer that has any 45-70 ammo in stock. Does anyone have any suggestions where to find factory loaded 45-70 ammo in stock?

Cheers from Rainy Seattle,

Dan

I found about 12 boxes in a few different stores. If you want me to buy them up and ship them to you, let me know. That stuff isn't cheap though, its like $39 a box.

I just called a gun store in Lynnwood, WA and they have 6 boxes (20 rounds each) of Federal Fusion 300 grain, so I am heading there after work hoping that they do not sell them before I get there.

Here is an update. I drove to the gun store in Lynwood, WA and purchased 4 boxes (80 rounds) of Federal 300 grain. Yesterday I was able to get 2 boxes (40 rounds) of HSM Cowboy Action rounds at Outdoor Emporium. Outdoor Emporium limits daily purchase to 40 rounds, so I drove there an hour ago to buy some more, but they have no more left in stock. At this point I am set with ammo and will keep checking on-line. I am just burning too much money on ammo and my woman will leave me if I do not slow down.

Hello,

My husband reloads all of his CF ammo but he does buy and have a BIT of 45acp and 30-30 factory ammunition too.

He told me to tell you that he saw 45-70 ammunition in the Walmart on Highway 93 here in MT. He did not see any at the Walmart on Mullan Road. He happened to see the 45-70 ammo there when he was looking for some RF ammo in a specific brand the other day. Glass case.

You don't live in MT or around Missoula, MT but maybe a Walmart close to you has some in stock.

He saw 5 to 6 boxes of it in stock and in 2 brands. He saw it in the Winchester brand and maybe (?) the other stock was in the Federal brand.

Best wishes to you.

Cate
Typos and added more!

Last Edited:
Hello,

My husband reloads all of his CF ammo but he does buy and have a BIT of 45acp and 30-30 factory ammunition too.

He told me to tell you that he saw 45-70 ammunition in the Walmart on Highway 93 here in MT. He did not see any at the Walmart on Mullan Road. He happened to see the 45-70 ammo there when he was looking for some RF ammo in a specific brand the other day. Glass case.

You don't live in MT but maybe a Walmart close to you has some in stock.

He saw 5 to 6 boxes of it in stock and in 2 brands. He saw it in the Winchester brand and maybe (?) the other stock was in the Federal brand.

Best wishes to you.

Cate
Typos!
Thank you very much for the information. At this point I got some rounds and should be enough for a couple of practices. I am heading to Ketchum, ID for Thanksgiving, so I will check out some gun stores in ID and MT.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews