JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The Creedmores a great caliber, all the hate against it is unwarranted there's lots of reasons to choose it over existing calibers.
If I wasn't already invested in my calibers Id get one, but it just doesn't fill enough of a gap in my selection. It would be slightly better than my 25-06 but not worth the cost of investing in it.

Ron Spomer is a great influencer and has some really good content. As for generating clicks to earn his revenue its a no brainer for him to blog about the creedmore :) Give it another 6 months and he will probably do another article on the CM. :)

6.5CM is a great round, accurate and potent. Bashing it is easy I suppose but to me it just makes people sound old and out of touch. Same group that bashes smart phones and the internet. Oh well. Don't like it? Don't shoot it.

Nobody is really bashing the Creedmore. It just seems that some have no sense of humor and get offended too easily.
Nah. It's not from that. You know it. Nobody is offended either. Just tired of the same old trash talk. I can't think of one 6.5CM thread in recent past that doesn't devolve into a certain group bashing it. :D

Last Edited:
I noticed that bear creek arsenal has 6.5CM uppers w bcg for $279 (18"). Might be interesting to shoot an AR-10 in that caliber vs a bolt gun head to head to see what accuracy differences there are. I assume regular ar-10 mags work with 6.5CM? Not sure I'll buy it but might be fun to test differences. Then again, somebody probably already did it on YouTube I would guess.

I noticed that bear creek arsenal has 6.5CM uppers w bcg for $279 (18"). Might be interesting to shoot an AR-10 in that caliber vs a bolt gun head to head to see what accuracy differences there are. I assume regular ar-10 mags work with 6.5CM? Not sure I'll buy it but might be fun to test differences. Then again, somebody probably already did it on YouTube I would guess.
We have a member at our club that builds ARs in 6.5CM and has done so for a few members. They aren't cheap but from what I have observed they are quite accurate to at least 300 yards. I have no reason to doubt they will do well at triple that. :)

We have a member at our club that builds ARs in 6.5CM and has done so for a few members. They aren't cheap but from what I have observed they are quite accurate to at least 300 yards. I have no reason to doubt they will do well at triple that. :)
What is the accuracy potential? I'm torn, I've been reading that the AR10 bolt isn't necessarily to a spec, which may cause headspace issues. Therefore, I'm considering sending the bolt in for say a Bartlein or Krieger, but it seems overkill for a semi.

What is the accuracy potential? I'm torn, I've been reading that the AR10 bolt isn't necessarily to a spec, which may cause headspace issues. Therefore, I'm considering sending the bolt in for say a Bartlein or Krieger, but it seems overkill for a semi.
Well I've seen some ~1" groups out of them at 300. Lead sled setup. Again I have no reason to think it will dramatically lose accuracy beyond that. :)

To add: I am no expert at these setups. My ARs are all boring 5.56 and 300aac. :D

I'm prob not going to bother but at $279 it might be fun to play with using an existing ar-10.

Just skimmed this guy's video and aero ar-10 about the same as fancy bolt gun. Ammo "preferences" for the gun are a huge factor (for bolt guns anyway) so I don't know if that played a part or not.bolt gun is left target, 100 yds.

11B33749-D802-45DD-AA69-C114A119501D.jpeg

Well I've seen some ~1" groups out of them at 300. Lead sled setup. Again I have no reason to think it will dramatically lose accuracy beyond that. :)

To add: I am no expert at these setups. My ARs are all boring 5.56 and 300aac. :D
Not that I'm against the 6.5 crud, I mean Creedmore, I'm a .30 kind of a guy, so I'll stick with .308.

I noticed that bear creek arsenal has 6.5CM uppers w bcg for $279 (18").
Check reviews before buying. Ive read some really bad reviews on BCA.

Might be interesting to shoot an AR-10 in that caliber vs a bolt gun head to head to see what accuracy differences there are.
Unless you custom build or buy a high end upper assembly it will never compare to the accuracy potential of a bolt gun. The real question to ask is what is the precision you'd like to get out of your AR?

Not that I'm against the 6.5 crud, I mean Creedmore, I'm a .30 kind of a guy, so I'll stick with .308.
For shorties the .308 is way better in terms of energy than 6.5CM. I can't find the 6.5 data at the moment but it was a huge difference for short barrels. As you get longer barrels it evens out. Long range wind drift and drop are the two primary advantages of 6.5 CM (or 6.5 Swede for that matter) based on what I've seen but I'm no expert.

Here is the data for 12.5" .308 (flamethrower ha ha) vs others. Can't find 6.5 cm data at the moment.

343850DF-3D14-4F36-A19C-709BF20BD2BE.jpeg

I think a lot of the Creedmoor bashing started with the 6.5x55 fans. Then after it became trendy, others piled on in the trash talking.
I see the round being very similar to the 6.5x55 and anything the Sweed is capable of taking in the hunting fields, the Creedmoor can, too.
I am also of the firm belief that the Creedmoor isn't capable of such fine accuracy because of any fancy case shape, but because the chamber has much tighter tolerances around the bullet. Add clearance for long, heavy bullets and tighter twist rates, "Wa-lah", great long range rifle.
I would certainly find it interesting to see what could happen if the 6.5x55 was treated to the same kind of upgrades the Creedmoor possesses.

I am also of the firm belief that the Creedmoor isn't capable of such fine accuracy because of any fancy case shape, but because the chamber has much tighter tolerances around the bullet. Add clearance for long, heavy bullets and tighter twist rates, "Wa-lah", great long range rifle.
I would certainly find it interesting to see what could happen if the 6.5x55 was treated to the same kind of upgrades the Creedmoor possesses.
Ive heard what the CM did right was throat the chambers longer for longer higher BC bullets.... something the 6.5x55 Swede already did what like 100yrs ago which is what made it famously accurate and deadly. Longer bullets also have better straight line penetration in large game which also made the swede famous for larger elk... and the CM is doing the same.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top