JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sounds like it was a mortar victim. You know when you mortar the weapon, to loose a stuck round?

Who knows.
PCF was one of the first of the prolific polymer lower manufactures, with a (now) completely useless lifetime warranty. I have one, that has never really seen heavy use, that is still in good shape. It's in the safe collecting dust. :)

I too have broken a poly lower, the entire leg where the buffer tube screws in just popped off during firing. I bought 4 of them I think, That was the first one I put together and the first time It was fired. I took all of them back and traded them towards aluminum ones. The only reason I would even consider a poly lower now is if it was put out by Noveske or DD or the like. Then I would just be curious how good it really was.

I guess I have been lucky. I have put about 100 rounds out of mine with zero issues. I bought it when they were super cheap. 125 IIRC, I figured even if it was a waste, I could salvage at least a few parts from it. So far (knock on wood) it has done everything I have asked it to. Nice and light too.

$100 for a stripped lower is kinda expensive considering your budget. Curt's has Anderson lowers for $70 I believe. Putting together a lower is easy. I won't touch the upper. Curt's has complete rifles for cheap that they build. Plus if you have any problems, they will fix it for you.

Most lowers are the same. Really depends if you care about the logo or if you care if the lower is blemished or not. I just put together my first lower using a Spikes Honey Badger because the Honey Badger doesn't give a sh!t.

Uppers are easy to build too. Just need to have the right tools. An Armorers wrench, A torque wrench, and a vice block, in a vice. Plus the ability to line up the gas tube area correctly. Other than that, they are very easy to build.

Edit, a set of punch's will also be fairly important.

$100 for a stripped lower is kinda expensive considering your budget. Curt's has Anderson lowers for $70 I believe. Putting together a lower is easy. I won't touch the upper. Curt's has complete rifles for cheap that they build. Plus if you have any problems, they will fix it for you.

Most lowers are the same. Really depends if you care about the logo or if you care if the lower is blemished or not. I just put together my first lower using a Spikes Honey Badger because the Honey Badger doesn't give a sh!t.

He said $100 for a complete lower. That's a good deal!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top