JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The state of Connecticut and some of the towns do the same thing. They maintain that it's the previous owners responsibility to officially notify the city and the state of a sale, even if the vehicle becomes registered to someone else. It's basically legal extortion since it costs more to fight them than to pay the property taxes.

Connecticut Is taking lessons from Komifornia as far as government.
The only difference is there are some real gonads still in Conn.

Notify calif DMV that you removed the vehicle out of state. Instructions are on the back of every registration..
On Feb 25,2015 the calif DMV (without notice ) removed $691 and $125 legal fee from my savings acct. After two calls I was informed that it was for a vehicle that I moved to Oregon in 2003- 12 years ago! When I arrived in Oregon, I had the truck registered and licensed at the Oregon DMV. I thought it was done. Wrong! I was able to get the $691 refunded but they would not refund the legal fee because I did not inform the DMV that the truck left the state.
If you know anyone that moved out of the peoples republic, I suggest you warn them.

Okay, this has my attention...

After 25 years in SoCal, I moved back here in 2002. Never told them squat - none of their damn business. Registered my Jeep in Oregon and finally sold it a few years later. If anything, they pocketed over 12 months of proceeds from an expensive 2-year tag I was no longer using. But instead, some pencil-pushing crankbite in California can come after me for money now? WTF???

Do you still own the truck?

I poked around a little bit online and didn't find anything like this. Anyone have a solid reference?

This country is going to hell in a huge hurry.

Last Edited:
They used a legal order to take the money. I was not given any notice or a bill. I moved here in 2003. Twelve years later out of the blue, this happened.

If they obtained a legal order, it seems like to do so they would have had to certify/declare under penalty of perjury they made reasonable attempts to provide you with actual notice. (this is not legal advice). You'd think it would have been cheaper for them to look up/track the VIN to see it was re-registered in Oregon (even a CarFax report shows that), and then locate the registered address to send a certified letter to provide you notice before doing a smash and grab on your savings account.

When I bought my work truck at an auction here in Oregon, it was still registered in California. I registered it right away in my name. Will the communist state of California come after me, the original owner, or the auction company

If they obtained a legal order, it seems like to do so they would have had to certiboth my veeclare under penalty of perjury they made reasonable attempts to provide you with actual notice. (this is not legal advice). You'd think it would have been cheaper for them to look up/track the VIN to see it was re-registered in Oregon (even a CarFax report shows that), and then locate the registered address to send a certified letter to provide you notice before doing a smash and grab on your savings account.
They sent no notice or bill. I happened to check my balance and noticed the two debits. I transfered my drivers license and registered both my vehicles, motorcycle, boat and trailer when I moved here. I was insured then and now by Allstate. They were in contact with me to make sure my insurance did not lapse during my move. Calif made no attempt to contact me what so ever. This happened to me, not anyone else. Everything I posted is from my experience this week.

We really need to have better border controls at the 42nd parallel. Too many get through and pollute my great home state. Driving with their wipers on high during a light drizzle, saying "the 5" instead of "I-5", getting offended when I say I don't like California.... If it was so great then move back.

Notify calif DMV that you removed the vehicle out of state. Instructions are on the back of every registration..
On Feb 25,2015 the calif DMV (without notice ) removed $691 and $125 legal fee from my savings acct. After two calls I was informed that it was for a vehicle that I moved to Oregon in 2003- 12 years ago! When I arrived in Oregon, I had the truck registered and licensed at the Oregon DMV. I thought it was done. Wrong! I was able to get the $691 refunded but they would not refund the legal fee because I did not inform the DMV that the truck left the state.
If you know anyone that moved out of the peoples republic, I suggest you warn them.
Would it not have been prudent to close your California banking and open a new account with something like Onpoint Credit Union? It would seem they would not be able to steal your $$ that way.

Okay, this has my attention...

After 25 years in SoCal, I moved back here in 2002. Never told them squat - none of their damn business. Registered my Jeep in Oregon and finally sold it a few years later. If anything, they pocketed over 12 months of proceeds from an expensive 2-year tag I was no longer using. But instead, some pencil-pushing crankbite in California can come after me for money now? WTF

I did some checking as well since I no longer have any of my Kalifornacator Kars....couldn't find anything. According to DMV on-line the plate can be "returned, destroyed or recycled" at your discretion.
The only vehicle I still posses is my Jeep. I agree, after years of thousands of dollars of DMV fee's. smog and taxes, let'em come...I have no shortage of some things. ;)

Would it not have been prudidea that after 12 years they would bto close your California banking and open a new account with something like Onpoint Credit Union? It would seem they would not be able to steal your $$ that way.
You are right and I did open an account with a credit union. Better late than never I had no idea that after 12 years they would pursue anything in the legal since. I closed my sporting goods store in 2002 before leaving and after 3years, I destroyed all records( per ATF ). I'm wondering if they will ask about that next? I have been critical of their "dept of justice" online.
I will NEVER move back there.

You are right and I did open an account with a credit union. Better late than never I had no idea that after 12 years they would pursue anything in the legal since. I closed my sporting goods store in 2002 before leaving and after 3years, I destroyed all records( per ATF ). I'm wondering if they will ask about that next? I have been critical of their "dept of justice" online.
I will NEVER move back there.

Government will go after your money even after you are dead. I was overpaid $117 in SS school money over 40 years ago and they recently collected it out of my tax return. Others have had collections made after 50+ years and others have had to pay out of the estate of their parents years after they died.

They are running out of other people's money to spend so they will steal it any way they can.o_O

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top