JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Since I moved to Linn County, OR each time my CHL comes up fro renewal the Sheriff's office sends me a reminder about a month in advance. They understand the importance of armed good guys/gals.

Here I be, sitting here reading through the forums, when I get the notion to check the expiry date of my CPL. I knew it was getting close to renewal time, so I checked. Expires 03/04/2019. Tomorrow I know where I'll be going. Talk about cutting it close. LOL
I have a paper on a pin up board by my front door .that says car tabs expirer on this date
Gun permit expires on this date .
Boat registration expires on this date.
Lol now that I look at it my car tabs will expire on the 12th

What torx me off is until the new CPL arrives, carrying concealed is not an option. I didn't inquire as/to why. There is no documented lapse. My CPL expired 3/4/2019. It was renewed 3/4/2019, and that piece of paper stating that it was renewed on said date, should realistically be my "pass-go" like renewing my DL. So why the lapse that puts me in position where I have to open carry while waiting? I'm already in the system, and have been since 1980.

At ease
Carry on

Friendly reminder to check your expiration dates!! I just received my newly minted Oregon CHL, renewed officially 2/18, I submitted for renewal very early December. Make sure you're several months ahead of the curve, guys/gals!!!!!

Never. I moved to Arizona...;)
I kept my CCW active in AZ. Let it lapse a few years after moving up here and thinking about renewing it again just for fun.

I was in Quartzite last year for the big rock show. A lot of interesting people around there...

nS8fpchvSbGDmV2jv3e4iQ.jpg

And my WA CCW expires 12/8/21...

Please explain.
It's likely to have something to do with subsection 060.

The provisions of RCW 9.41.050 shall not apply to:

(1) Marshals, sheriffs, prison or jail wardens or their deputies, correctional personnel and community corrections officers as long as they are employed as such who have completed government-sponsored law enforcement firearms training and have been subject to a check through the national instant criminal background check system or an equivalent background check within the past five years, or other law enforcement officers of this state or another state. Correctional personnel and community corrections officers seeking the waiver provided for by this section are required to pay for any background check that is needed in order to exercise the waiver;
(2) Members of the armed forces of the United States or of the national guard or organized reserves, when on duty;
(3) Officers or employees of the United States duly authorized to carry a concealed pistol;
(4) Any person engaged in the business of manufacturing, repairing, or dealing in firearms, or the agent or representative of the person, if possessing, using, or carrying a pistol in the usual or ordinary course of the business;
(5) Regularly enrolled members of any organization duly authorized to purchase or receive pistols from the United States or from this state;
(6) Regularly enrolled members of clubs organized for the purpose of target shooting, when those members are at or are going to or from their places of target practice;
(7) Regularly enrolled members of clubs organized for the purpose of modern and antique firearm collecting, when those members are at or are going to or from their collector's gun shows and exhibits;
(8) Any person engaging in a lawful outdoor recreational activity such as hunting, fishing, camping, hiking, or horseback riding, only if, considering all of the attendant circumstances, including but not limited to whether the person has a valid hunting or fishing license, it is reasonable to conclude that the person is participating in lawful outdoor activities or is traveling to or from a legitimate outdoor recreation area;
(9) Any person while carrying a pistol unloaded and in a closed opaque case or secure wrapper; or
(10) Law enforcement officers retired for service or physical disabilities, except for those law enforcement officers retired because of mental or stress-related disabilities. This subsection applies only to a retired officer who has: (a) Obtained documentation from a law enforcement agency within Washington state from which he or she retired that is signed by the agency's chief law enforcement officer and that states that the retired officer was retired for service or physical disability; and (b) not been convicted or found not guilty by reason of insanity of a crime making him or her ineligible for a concealed pistol license.

It's likely to have something to do with subsection 060.

The provisions of RCW 9.41.050 shall not apply to:

(1) Marshals, sheriffs, prison or jail wardens or their deputies, correctional personnel and community corrections officers as long as they are employed as such who have completed government-sponsored law enforcement firearms training and have been subject to a check through the national instant criminal background check system or an equivalent background check within the past five years, or other law enforcement officers of this state or another state. Correctional personnel and community corrections officers seeking the waiver provided for by this section are required to pay for any background check that is needed in order to exercise the waiver;
(2) Members of the armed forces of the United States or of the national guard or organized reserves, when on duty;
(3) Officers or employees of the United States duly authorized to carry a concealed pistol;
(4) Any person engaged in the business of manufacturing, repairing, or dealing in firearms, or the agent or representative of the person, if possessing, using, or carrying a pistol in the usual or ordinary course of the business;
(5) Regularly enrolled members of any organization duly authorized to purchase or receive pistols from the United States or from this state;
(6) Regularly enrolled members of clubs organized for the purpose of target shooting, when those members are at or are going to or from their places of target practice;
(7) Regularly enrolled members of clubs organized for the purpose of modern and antique firearm collecting, when those members are at or are going to or from their collector's gun shows and exhibits;
(8) Any person engaging in a lawful outdoor recreational activity such as hunting, fishing, camping, hiking, or horseback riding, only if, considering all of the attendant circumstances, including but not limited to whether the person has a valid hunting or fishing license, it is reasonable to conclude that the person is participating in lawful outdoor activities or is traveling to or from a legitimate outdoor recreation area;
(9) Any person while carrying a pistol unloaded and in a closed opaque case or secure wrapper; or
(10) Law enforcement officers retired for service or physical disabilities, except for those law enforcement officers retired because of mental or stress-related disabilities. This subsection applies only to a retired officer who has: (a) Obtained documentation from a law enforcement agency within Washington state from which he or she retired that is signed by the agency's chief law enforcement officer and that states that the retired officer was retired for service or physical disability; and (b) not been convicted or found not guilty by reason of insanity of a crime making him or her ineligible for a concealed pistol license.

Thanks. Yes - conceal carry permit process is entirely unconstitutional, but lawyers, judges, haven't seen it that way.

The irony is, the people who probably will never be a threat to anyone go through the hassle of getting the permit while the people who likely will be a threat to others, never do.
LEO. Retirement card.

Nice - I feel like as a teacher (required background check) and after the first CPL (requires background check) I shouldn't need to bother having to renew. I'd argue if we looked at statistics between both of those factors, I am possibly in one of the most law abiding statistical group of people there is.

My belief is that the entire notion of needing a permit to conceal is blatantly unconstitutional, but besides that, the actual need to renew seems more about stealing another few dollars from me than anything else.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top