JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Washington County sends out a reminder about 30 days prior to expiration.
You have to be diligent with Washington County though.
Yes they send out notices, (thank you kindly) but they are plenty early. Seems good right?
If you renew it when you received the notice like I did just to get it over with, you will essentially lose a month of previously paid permit because the next term restarts at the time you reup it, so if you reup it a month early, you will be losing a month from your expiring permit, and or paying for it twice, depending on how you look at it.
Cute trick EH?

Kidding aside, I believe the folk there are helpful and fair, when I called for an appointment, they let me know the consequence if I reup it too early.
That was thoughtful, so I let them know that.
Again, thank you kindly. so I let them know that.

I think the better question is, "why does your cpl expire?"

And the answer is quite simple, it's a money grab legislating your right into a privilege and then selling it back to you in the form of a permit. Complete and total horse siht is what it is, the idea that you are a law abiding citizen and have to apply to conceal, then magically after 5 years you have to apply again even though if you were a felon your CPL would have already been void.
That's my thoughts to the game.

I think the better question is, "why does your cpl expire?"

And the answer is quite simple, it's a money grab legislating your right into a privilege and then selling it back to you in the form of a permit. Complete and total horse siht is what it is, the idea that you are a law abiding citizen and have to apply to conceal, then magically after 5 years you have to apply again even though if you were a felon your CPL would have already been void.
Yep, last time I checked the constitution didn't have an expiration date. I may have missed it though.

Utah expires this July. Oregon has another 2 plus years. Plus, I'm blessed enough to live in Linn County where renewal is just a trip to Albany, no appointment needed!

My permit renewal is about six months off. When I go in for my new photo, I think I'll just take a sharpie and write "2A" on my forehead. Right after that I'll draw on some cool eyebrows, maybe some that make me look naturally inquisitive all the time. I know, haters gonna hate.

My permit renewal is about six months off. When I go in for my new photo, I think I'll just take a sharpie and write "2A" on my forehead. Right after that I'll draw on some cool eyebrows, maybe some that make me look naturally inquisitive all the time. I know, haters gonna hate.

Good idea!

Wonder what they plan to do with us Current CPL holders if/when they pass law requiring training courses and whatever else hoops they want us to jump through to acquire/renew CPL's.

Last Edited:
Well, shoot! This thread is quite timely for me as apparently I am have no sense of time. Just happened to be talking to co-workers this morning about drivers license renewal so I pulled my wallet out to check when my ODL needed to be renewed. Then thought might want to check CPL's while I'm here. Umatilla County expired exactly a month ago. :(:rolleyes: They usually send a notice but not this time. Oh well, my fault. I will get it renewed in the next week.

I inquired if we received a laminated license, I was told they don't have a laminating machine. They would, if they bought one! I also asked about whether they made the licenses smaller, like drivers license size, so they don't "need" to be folded then cut to fit in the wallet, after being laminated, that was also a negative. I don't get it, other states have figured it out. Same thing for social security cards. It's not rocket science!!

I inquired if we received a laminated license, I was told they don't have a laminating machine. They would, if they bought one! I also asked about whether they made the licenses smaller, like drivers license size, so they don't "need" to be folded then cut to fit in the wallet, after being laminated, that was also a negative. I don't get it, other states have figured it out. Same thing for social security cards. It's not rocket science!!
Is that over in need to be folded then cut to fit in the wallet, after being laminated land?

Clackamas county used to send out notices.. like 25 years ago. They don't any more.. I had one lapse by a couple months but they let that slide.
I put a reminder in my phone just last week so it doesn't happen again.

They still send them out, by email. Got mine two weeks ago, renewed online but had to go in for a new pic. Took about a half hour as there were three people ahead of me. Won't need another pic for 8 years or so....

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top