JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A man has got to know his limitations.

Personally I would not put away the guns till maybe after 5 or 6 drinks, but then I don't carry at all. I do like to open the safe and fondle the heard a bit while enjoying my evening constitutional.

My old buddy Randy was all kinds of trouble after just a couple of drinks, some folks are like that. Me, I don't change much at all when drinking other then going to bed earlier and stumbling a bit.

No as in you cannot carry? Or no as in you CAN carry?

Im genuinly intrigued.
My next DEQ extortion is here soon in the next month.

It's not one of the enumerated places you can't carry on the list I was given. It's not a court house, jail, federal facility, or secure area of the airport. Lots of state offices had/have no carry signs that do not hold the weight of the law. The library in Beaverton, for example is one such place.

If I interpret the sign at Sportsman's correctly, they're simply asking me to keep my concealed weapon concealed - no problem there. I don't show my hand when I play cards either.

Likewise, I don't recall enduring any personnel inspection at DEQ, ever. Perhaps I'll need to discretely disarm there for a minute when they start enforcing some new rule that they have to look under my jacket too.

I called "DEQ" and they told me no.

The bad thing is if you call anymore most of them will say no even thou there is no policy about it. In my CHL class I was instructed that they need to have it posted. With that said if they don't have It posted and you don't have it in the open it will not be an issue.

I have a firearm lock box bolted down in my rig so when I come across these places I can lock up. Not to mention my job does not allow me to carry inside the buildings. I have to lock my firearm up in my rig. So I disarm when I go into the office. And I disarm when going to bed and I disarm when I am not allowed to carry inside a certain place ie: Post Offfice, Court House, ect ect.

Demon Alcohol. Nobody can be trusted with any civil rights while under the influence of even one drop.

What the heck?
I suppose you support alcohol check points?
And with username as "Martini_Up"?

59299309.jpg

For me drinking while carrying is not an issue, as it doesn't happen. Since I'm normally away from home if drinking out with friends could be an issue, I don't drink because I would have to drive later, but that was my way, before I started conceal carry.

I have a buddy who will have a BBQ a couple of times a year, and the rare times that I do drink (more than to taste something), I will stay over and my gun goes in his safe, before any drinking on my part starts. But that's me, I suppose everyone has to deal with how they are going to do things in their own way.

I have spent many thousands of hours armed.
I have not had to employ my firearm against a hostile.

I seldom drink to the point of significant impairment.

The chances of my need to use my firearm at a time when I have been drinking are many thousands to one against its occurance.

Being a responsible person, the chances of my doing something foolish after a drink while armed are even more remote.

So the only consequences I am concerned with are the legal complications if I use my firearm when I have been drinking.

The chances of that are so remote, and the life and health consequences so much more dire than the legal ones should I find myself in position to need to use my firearm, that I do not disarm because of drinking.

That's certainly not a recommendation to others, but what I do and the thought process behind it.

If I were one who drinks to the point of having any substantial impairment, I.would choose differently

Semi related question, hope you don't feel I am thread jacking.
If you are planning on going to a sporting event, what do you do?

Planning, is the key word here, so if you are planning to be somewhere that alcohol is being served, you make a choice to drink or not to drink while carrying.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top