JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
When the need to carry your AR comfortably without drawing undo attention to yourself and stirring the sheeple into a froth arises, there is a cool way of doing it.

Not only is it discreet, it very handy in the time of need.

30 seconds from "Open the case, to deployment"

Absolutely marvelous, plus it makes quiet carry easy.

Discovered this setup a while back and decided to order the kit.

The kit comes with the case, quick take down parts and the fore end.

The case foam liner is pre cut to allow a standard 16 inch AR with telestock to fit right in. I you decide on optics, then you simply cut the liner to fit.

Ever try to carry a long gun down the street in a case ??? it draws a buttload of attention, especially these days.

Buds carries these in stock.

case1.JPG

case2.JPG

case3.JPG

case4.JPG

Ahhhh yes, the guitar case.

The gansters carried a tommy gun in a violin case.

The goofy coat in the summer is tough sledding.

I had an M16 with a 6-1/2 inch barrel (with form 4) that I carried in a yamaha keyboard soft case.

Many ways to carry little toys easily

Last Edited:
Stealth is a suitable default setting; the less people see, the better.

Sound Tactics, Techniques, & Procedures are perishable skills; rural living tends to aid in the memory-loss of urban considerations in a pre-collapse environment.

Thanks

Maybe the Keltec Sub 2000 would be better in such situations - meaning deployment. Admitted it's a pistol caliber, but the form factor is pretty neat. Fits nicely into your laptop bag in addition to your laptop ;-) and deploys in 5 seconds.

Also keep in mind it looks suspicious if you run around with an attorney's attache brief case while in camo pants. ;-)

Things would have to get a lot worse before I would consider carrying a rifle ....

My side by side breaks down into 3 small pieces and assembles in about 10 sec.

Shoots slugs, buck shot, bird shot etc.

Not ideal in the capacity area, but honestly, if I have the time to get a long gun out in a gun fight then I probably can use tactics to overcome the lack of 30rnd+ mags and use it in conjunction with my pistol.

The AR type guns normally requires a barrel wrench and an action block to attach the barrel, but this quick take down has a special NUT that threads onto the upper receiver along with a special barrel retaining WASHER that fits over the barrel and rests against the BARREL EXTENSION.
When the new FORE END tube that comes with the kit is threaded on the entire assembly is connected up very solid.

The standard gas block is replaced by a LOW PRO block to clear the mid length tube.

The factory DELTA RING and related parts are removed.

The new RETAINER RING has 2 pins in it that align with holes in the NEW NUT that screws to the upper.

The barrel has an index pin in the extension that aligns it properly (they all do) .

The NEW BARREL NUT has holes in it that allow the gas tube to go through as is usual.

The new nut is threaded on and tightened to allow the gas tube to penetrate properly and then a small set screw in the nut is tightened to retain the nut.

Once the setup is all indexed and set up it is an easy thing to insert the barrel into the upper and then thread on the fore end to retain things.

GOOD TO GO

I did not infer that this quick take down made the AR better or worse for any particular type of activity, but rather made the gun easy to carry in a very inconspicuous way.

Up close and personal encounters are nearly always better handled with a pistol rather than a rifle.

Maybe the Keltec Sub 2000 would be better in such situations - meaning deployment. Admitted it's a pistol caliber, but the form factor is pretty neat. Fits nicely into your laptop bag in addition to your laptop ;-) and deploys in 5 seconds.

Also keep in mind it looks suspicious if you run around with an attorney's attache brief case while in camo pants. ;-)

Things would have to get a lot worse before I would consider carrying a rifle ....
I agree on the Kel Tec 2000.First of all if you need it chances are that it'll be short range {less then 100 yds } and either 9mm or 40 will do just fine. especially if you get a large magazine or two for it. ;););)

AR pistol slung in the armpit with a poofy jacket is my plan...doesn't work as well in the summer though :(

Crackheads wear down jackets in the summer. Why can't normal people do it?

And to answer the barrel connect options. You guys haven't seen this before?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top