JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My favorite fun gun to carry is my old Taurus model 66. I have a Bianchi vertical shoulder holster and under a light jacket the grip could be mistaken for a boob. Not practical, not even a great gun, but it was my first pistol. At 16 I was able to convince my not-gun-people-parents to get for me if I paid for it. The gun shop had a hell of a time trying to finger print my dad - his calloused fingers didn't have real distinct ridges in his finger prints.

I believe this says it all.... for me. ;)

945DA066-131F-4ABF-8915-ED603F3A3846.gif

Meteba Revolver, might as well go Full On Cool with a super slick carry piece! One in a Super Magnum would be extra slick, as if .44 mag wasn't enough, Maybe add a "Loudener" to really command presence! :s0155:
View attachment 715401

View attachment 715400

Yeah the matebas are sweet. I don't know why people hate on them. That's definitely a gun I would try to acquire if I had a bit more disposable income. I really like the open top revolver aesthetic. Like the 1860 Army Andy was talking about.

Fist off you have a Bren Ten and you didn't show us a pic theirs literally 1500 made and of those 1500 even fewer in 10mm.

What DB said. Mine would be a Bren Ten. I've seen them walk through here and on GB a few times and I've been tempted. The magazine situation is also bothersome.

As a large 10mm fan I feel like I'm missing two handguns: delta elite and a Bren Ten. The delta is easy to find but the Bren might take a while.

My fun gun is the Auto Mag in a shoulder holster.

View attachment 715432

I see you're living your best life. Maybe I'll change my forum name to BrenTen and post pictures.

Those automags look like biggie size Ruger mkiis. Do you know if there is any heritage between them? I guess the same could be said for anything with a carrier exposed in the rear for charging the weapon.

My favorite fun gun to carry is my old Taurus model 66. I have a Bianchi vertical shoulder holster and under a light jacket the grip could be mistaken for a boob. Not practical, not even a great gun, but it was my first pistol. At 16 I was able to convince my not-gun-people-parents to get for me if I paid for it. The gun shop had a hell of a time trying to finger print my dad - his calloused fingers didn't have real distinct ridges in his finger prints.

Those sound like different times. You probably look weird with just one boob. Did you get another 66 to even it out?

Back in the day I was known as the guy with the 45 Colt, as in when I'd meet a friend of a friend they would say " oh you're the guy with the 45 Colt. That was a 7 1/2" blackhawk. It was the only pistol I had at the time so I did all my shooting with it. Pop cans, bunny blasting, white rock on the other side of the canyon whatever the game was I was willing to play. When I tried a Bisley I had to have one and then had the barrel bobed to 6". Money got tight back in '08 so the Ruger and most all of our guns had to be sold. Fast forward and I have a Stainless Blackhawk Bisley in 45 Colt with a 51/2" barrel. So once again I've got my fun gun back, that its shiny with figured wood grips makes it my BBQ gun as well. When I dug out some of my Ruger only hand loads that are a 255gr SWC running 1200 fps they shot point of aim into one big ragged hole.

Beware the man with only one gun. That sounds like a screaming 45 Colt load 255gr @1200fps. I'm not sure what would be left of a bunny after getting hit with one of those.

Back in the day I was known as the guy with the 45 Colt, as in when I'd meet a friend of a friend they would say " oh you're the guy with the 45 Colt. That was a 7 1/2" blackhawk. It was the only pistol I had at the time so I did all my shooting with it. Pop cans, bunny blasting, white rock on the other side of the canyon whatever the game was I was willing to play. When I tried a Bisley I had to have one and then had the barrel bobed to 6". Money got tight back in '08 so the Ruger and most all of our guns had to be sold. Fast forward and I have a Stainless Blackhawk Bisley in 45 Colt with a 51/2" barrel. So once again I've got my fun gun back, that its shiny with figured wood grips makes it my BBQ gun as well. When I dug out some of my Ruger only hand loads that are a 255gr SWC running 1200 fps they shot point of aim into one big ragged hole.

I really like the Ruger Bisleys with a 5.5" barrel, mine was a 44 mag.

Those sound like different times. You probably look weird with just one boob. Did you get another 66 to even it out?
Under a winter coat it's not so pronounced. No, I never got a second 66. One of those being enough, if asked, I'll just tell people I could only afford one and to stop mis-gendering me ;) . That should keep them for looking too closely.

It was certainly different times. That was at Three Bears Guns in Clackamas. They went under or, if rumors I heard at the time were true, got shut down by the ATF. Either for screwing up their paperwork or for actually being unable to account for some guns. The stories I heard differed. I could grab something at Winco (Cub Foods at the time) and cross the parking lot to look at guns. I did a lot of my gun shopping there and at Gun Broker on 82nd Drive. Three Bears Guns kept rifles behind the counter and they had a wall of hand guns you could fondle. Gun broker was the opposite with all the hand guns out of reach and their rifles out in the open. For a while, gun broker had a semi trailer parked onsite where you could shoot interactive scenarios. I never did shoot in it, but I watched people a couple of times. It was way easier to buy a gun than what I have to put up with here in Washington at the moment.

Beware the man with only one gun. That sounds like a screaming 45 Colt load 255gr @1200fps. I'm not sure what would be left of a bunny after getting hit with one of those.
The bunny blasting load was a 200gr Speer flying ashtray with a full case of W-296. That load made it rain bunny snot. My buddy thought the bullet was traveling so fast the lead was melting. All I know is they were explosive on impact.

My fun gun to carry is a WW2 Walther PP in 7.65 with Waffen proofs everywhere and matching serial numbers. It's a little worn from before me, I like to tell the less initiated that it's the actual pistol Hitler used to kill himself in the bunker... LOL

129929_b9e2a4354ff0c4ed4f1ed30fddedb965.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads