JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Alright so I'm curious what everyone's fun carry gun would be? I think this is different than a BBQ gun in the sense that this gun may not be have superior capability or even good looks but for some reason speaks to your core.

The kind of firearm that you get excited AF to load into a holster for whatever reason.

One of mine would be a Bren Ten. Likely cause I'm an 80s kid and Sonny Crockett was one bad dude.

What's your fun carry gun?

Either of these two....
My first handgun that I owned...A H&R 649 .22 revolver....I got it on my13th birthday as a present from my dad .
Or....
A Colt 1860 Army...this is my favorite of all Colt revolvers and is very fun to shoot.
( The Colt Dragoon is a close second...but at 4 pounds is a mite heavy to carry 'round all day )
Andy

Hmm interesting. Why does the security six speak to you?

From its inception, the Security Six was designed to compete very favorably with the .357's of that era. It is strong and was designed for a constant diet of magnum cartridges, while remaining as slim and trim as other medium-frame revolvers. All of the Security Sixes are easy shooting and quite accurate, while being somewhat less expensive (at that time) than the more popular Colt's and Smith's.

On occasion, my shooting buddy and I shoot our snubby revolvers from 50 yards. Unless you've experienced it, it's hard to imagine just how accurate a snubby can be, and this Ruger is just plain incredible.

In a nice Bianchi 5BH holster, it rides high, rides tight, is very secure, and is very comfortable.
GEDC0248-1-zpsdd12ea4c.jpg

Plus, it could get chicks.:s0022:

GEDC0015-zps34c3149c.jpg

And when I say the Security Six is great, that equally applies to a Speed Six and Service Six.

Last Edited:
Meteba Revolver, might as well go Full On Cool with a super slick carry piece! One in a Super Magnum would be extra slick, as if .44 mag wasn't enough, Maybe add a "Loudener" to really command presence! :s0155:
1593288913406.png

1593288892479.png

Well, it WOULD be better if it was a - 4 , 3" with adjustable sights but I really like to take my 2" Mod 60 out often and shoot it.

Light, fits my hand well and with good handloads it is capable of very good accuracy for a snub.

Back in the day I was known as the guy with the 45 Colt, as in when I'd meet a friend of a friend they would say " oh you're the guy with the 45 Colt. That was a 7 1/2" blackhawk. It was the only pistol I had at the time so I did all my shooting with it. Pop cans, bunny blasting, white rock on the other side of the canyon whatever the game was I was willing to play. When I tried a Bisley I had to have one and then had the barrel bobed to 6". Money got tight back in '08 so the Ruger and most all of our guns had to be sold. Fast forward and I have a Stainless Blackhawk Bisley in 45 Colt with a 51/2" barrel. So once again I've got my fun gun back, that its shiny with figured wood grips makes it my BBQ gun as well. When I dug out some of my Ruger only hand loads that are a 255gr SWC running 1200 fps they shot point of aim into one big ragged hole.

From its inception, the Security Six was designed to compete very favorably with the .357's of that era. It is strong and was designed for a constant diet of magnum cartridges, while remaining as slim and trim as other medium-frame revolvers. All of the Security Sixes are easy shooting and quite accurate, while being somewhat less expensive (at that time) than the more popular Colt's and Smith's.

On occasion, my shooting buddy and I shoot our snubby revolvers from 50 yards. Unless you've experienced it, it's hard to imagine just how accurate a snubby can be, and this Ruger is just plain incredible.

In a nice Bianchi 5BH holster, it rides high, rides tight, is very secure, and is very comfortable.
View attachment 715371

Plus, it could get chicks.:s0022:

View attachment 715366

And when I say the Security Six is great, that equally applies to a Speed Six and Service Six.
I have a security six with a 4 inch barrel, and I agree they are great guns. I like them alot better than the GP100s I've handled.

Alright so I'm curious what everyone's fun carry gun would be? I think this is different than a BBQ gun in the sense that this gun may not be have superior capability or even good looks but for some reason speaks to your core.

The kind of firearm that you get excited AF to load into a holster for whatever reason.

One of mine would be a Bren Ten. Likely cause I'm an 80s kid and Sonny Crockett was one bad dude.

What's your fun carry gun?
Fist off you have a Bren Ten and you didn't show us a pic theirs literally 1500 made and of those 1500 even fewer in 10mm.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top