JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I did a search and didn't come up with anything for what I was looking for. I have many Bushcraft/EDC knives but, once out of the Military, I haven't had a Combat/Fighting knife and wanted to get one. So, I did. I came across this KaBar Next Generation Fighting Knife from a member here. I did some research and discovered that it is not made anymore and it may be a bit of a rarity. Not necessarily collectable but, from a batch that went out stamped 1221 and is a plain edge rather than a serrated edge. Below is a link for info I found on it from BladeForums. So, what is your combat/fighter knife and post up some pics. :)

thumbnail_20240428_140250.jpg

I really like the nicer version but as I do not ever plan to need it for a fight I don't want to shell out the money for a shiny blade.
Completely agree and my KaBar was obtained at a really good price. TOPS has a few I'd like to have but, like you, cannot see spending the amount they are asking.

I have a buddy that is holding a TOPS 9" Anaconda with the hunters tip on it for me for $100 but the thing is so heavy that I honestly think it would be a bit much.

I like the lighter knives better.

Well, if I ever have to fight with a knife it means that I'm in serious trouble and have either run out of ammo or can't draw my pistol, but in that case it will likely be my LeDUCK knife, which lives on my EDC belt.

20220507_165901.jpg
20220507_165925.jpg

That said, if I have to fight with a knife but I also get a choice of what knife to use, I'd probably pick a "knife" with something like a 4 foot handle... ;)
1715196699601.png

Last Edited:
I don't carry a knife to fight with it's more of a tool though I do have some that others might call a fighting knife like the cold steel Tanto, Gerber boot knife, Mark 1 Navy and Houge/Sig Legion.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews