JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
When I read "Neck Sizing", for some reason this came to my mind:

1649607141548.png

:eek::oops:

One adventure detoured should not discourage further journeys, Grasshopper.
Ive been shooting competition for 45 years and neck sizing is to only way to go on bottleneck cartridges. Longer brass life, better accuracy to make every shot count when you want apple accuracy at 500 yards every time.

Well lucky you. How many apples can you shoot at 500 yards without missing.
Up to 300 yards would not probably miss any (of course from bench-rest). I have no idea at 500 yards as I only shot 500 yards 3 times and it was large steel plates (have to drive 5 hours to a friend's property to shoot 500 yards). I live in Seattle and have no place to shoot anything over 300 yards, so I really do not care much about long range shooting over 300 yards. I also have periods when I shoot a lot (sometime 400-500 rounds a months) and then I have periods when I do not shoot at all since my other activities take priority.

I am using .264" Lapua Scenar bullets in Tikka Tac A1 Bolt Action rifle with Krieger Heavy Varmint 1:8-twist 4-groove SS 24" barrel. I think I might know what is going on. Neck sizing shrinks upper part of the neck, but the area of the neck just above the shoulder bulges and becomes wider than it was after fire-shaped. Anyway, I am back doing FL sizing and it is all good. At least I learned a lesson NOT to do neck sizing.
One adventure detoured should not discourage further journeys, Grasshopper.
Fl resizing in target loads means you will never win in competition.

Up to 300 yards would not probably miss any (of course from bench-rest). I have no idea at 500 yards as I only shot 500 yards 3 times and it was large steel plates (have to drive 5 hours to a friend's property to shoot 500 yards). I live in Seattle and have no place to shoot anything over 300 yards, so I really do not care much about long range shooting over 300 yards. I also have periods when I shoot a lot (sometime 400-500 rounds a months) and then I have periods when I do not shoot at all since my other activities take priority.
If you want to get good, 400-500 ends a week with a rifle can get you there. It is not like riding a bicycle.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top